Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
randallt

S & W Bait

9 posts in this topic

Anybody know what time S & W opens during the week. There phone has been busy all afternoon. If they aren't open by 5 am is there another place around to get bait that early?

Also any Gull Lake reports for wallleye?

I think the sign out front reads 5:31am

I believe she will get bait 24 hrs. a day if you ring the bell. (although it might not make her happy) WalleyeDan would know for sure. Dan you out there?

Hey thanks for the info. I finally got through on the phone and they open at 5:30. That will work so I won't need to ring the bell. Any reports or tips for the walleye? Depth etc. Last report I see is Dan's.

I just finished up a Looooooong day on the water with very little activity. But, I wasn't on Gull. I fish Gull so much, I get tired of it at times. But as today turned out, I wish I would have fished it. I was on Whitefish this a.m. and Mille Lacs this p.m.. Both won. I had a lot of people out and about last night on Gull and all we caught were 10-12 inchers. The night before was good for keepers though. Still working the 14-18 foot range and I have been using a 1/8 ounce jig and a minnow (Rosy Reds). Pretty good melt down today, but we still have a lot of ice. Watch out for the pressure ridge by Sandy Point and the one by Rocky Point, both have standing water around them.

Walleyedan

Where exactly is Sandy Point on Gull lake? I have a basic lake map so maybe some reference like round lake or NW or something. I have some people that are meeting me up there and I want to give them a general idea of where I will be. Thank You.

Sandy point is located about half way down the west side of the main lake. There are two points along that stretch, it is the southernmost of the two.

Jason Erlandson

Cool thanks for the reply. That would be on the 77 side instead of 371. I hope this snow is mild. Wife is already giving me grief about going up sat morning. I have one of Walleye Dans shacks reserved for sat night.

eurolarva,

I really hope you can make it because WalleyeDAn has some great houses and has been on fish for most of the winter. Plus with this storm I would predict that the bite should be very active. After all it is the last weekend to fish for walleye for several months. Good Luck.

mr grin.gif