Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
minimite

HAWG

minimite    0
minimite

did any you locals here of a 34" (14.1 lb.) walleye c&r'd this weekend. i talked to one of the guys i'm bringin this week, last night. he said his brother in law was up there last weekend and caught and released this fish. i'm gonna try to get some pics. and see if i can get em' posted. pry won't be till next week. my buddy asked him why he threw it back, his reply was "cuz it's smaller than the 15 lb'er on my wall" smile.gifcool.gif

gorrilla    0
gorrilla

AGAIN,,,,, UNTIL I SEE SOME BELIEVABLE PICS, I'LL BE THE PURPLE GUY IN THE CORNER HOLDING MY BREATH......

Please prove me wrong. I'd like to see some monster pics, but it seem people always put the story before the pictures(that usually never show up!)

minimite    0
minimite

that's why i'm waiting to see a pic of it. i've seen some nice pics of some around the 28/29" range but haven't heard of anything this big comin off the lake.

Borch    313
Borch

Did it have a 2" glow power minnow stuck in it's jaw? Might have been the fish Hanson stuck on Saturday. laugh.gif

Surface Tension    262
Surface Tension

gorrilla, inhale, exhale, inhale exhale. grin.gif

If you need a hand posting the picture just email it to me.

Till then you guys be nice. tongue.gif

gorrilla    0
gorrilla

ST, maybe my goofy name is misleading, I'm not really usually angry or upset. Just a joker, maybe not a good one, but I try. My friends probably think my looks resemble my name so its fitting.

My point is I can make up stories all day long, but I wouldn't post one until I had a little proof. I guess my attempt to call guys out stems back to my creel survey days when I couldn't use the BS card when EVERYBODY was catching 50+" muskies in a lake that only had about a 48" maximum size at the time. When pictures were asked about out of 40-50 claims I saw zero... When they'd say it was at the taxidermists, I'd ask where, and it would get real fuzzy from there. Hmmmmmm.

minimite    0
minimite

that's why i jumped on here and asked if any of the locals had heard or possibly seen this catch. i'm not an expert on fish, i don't know how old a fish this size would be. that's why i was sceptical of the story and just lookin for proof, since url is still in the comeback phaze from being wiped out years ago.

ozzie    71
ozzie

it could happen and wouldn't be to suprised if a few walleyes of that size roamed red lake......it was wiped out but i am sure a few walleyes are in the lake still from the collapse!!

deerwoody    0
deerwoody

I'll show you the pic of the 14#er I get this weekend!Minimite will be the photographer grin.gif

The Donk    0
The Donk

Quote:

it could happen and wouldn't be to suprised if a few walleyes of that size roamed red lake......it was wiped out but i am sure a few walleyes are in the lake still from the collapse!!

Absolutely. 3-4 years ago, when there were supposedly no walleyes in the lake yet, I pulled a 28.5" out, and needless to say, released quite quickly. He was really white though...

kelly-p    283
kelly-p

Quote:

Quote:

Absolutely. 3-4 years ago, when there were supposedly no walleyes in the lake yet, I pulled a 28.5" out, and needless to say, released quite quickly. He was really white though...

Sheepshead?? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

The Donk    0
The Donk

Heh, I've caught a few of them up there as well, they always make a guy say "HUH??" when they come up... grin.gif I think this fish was probably caught and released back when you had little jonny grin.gifgrin.gif

united jigsticker    0
united jigsticker

Stating that "ALL" the walleyes in Red were extinct is like saying you raked "ALL" the leaves out of your yard that windy day last fall.

Just like the Crappies in Red are ALL from the 95' and 97' year class, even the 14" Crappies they were Catching in 95', 96', 97', 98'...And what about those 14" Crappies they were catching back in the 80's...Were those from the 95' year class too?

I caught a 9" Crappie on Red on my 3rd trip up there in 2003. I also caught an 11", alot of 14", and a 15". Were they all from the same year?

And what about the 14" and 15.5" I caught this weekend? Same year?

These Crappies have always been there...But never targeted.

Wait...We were talking about a huge walleye...

I don't doubt it.

Random guy    1
Random guy

UJ is correct, many walleyes did roam the lake during the crash and those fish have had a lot of time to grow. Red is a fat fish factory with the chow that is swimming around for the predators to eat. So yes I would not be surprised to see a monster walleye hooked and landed, granted it will be a nine year old kid with a white jig and black twister tail using a Snoopy rod. It just might happen.

united jigsticker    0
united jigsticker

Corey, You got mail.

tightlines    0
tightlines

So yes I would not be surprised to see a monster walleye hooked and landed, granted it will be a nine year old kid with a white jig and black twister tail using a Snoopy rod.

That would be really cool. The kidd would be hooked for life.. grin.gif

united jigsticker    0
united jigsticker

Or every fish thereafter would be nothing but a big disapointment.

That would suck and stuff.

Random guy    1
Random guy

I haven't figured it out but kids and Snoopy rods catch BIG fish. Happy for the kids but but I'm tired of the ribbing I get with my snoopy rod trying to figure it out. laugh.gif

Craig_S    0
Craig_S

Not to mention big Red Lake fish catch a lot of Snoopy rods. Until I figured out attaching a huge bobber to the handle makes 'em float, my kid sent about four of 'em to Davey Jone's locker. Motoring after a big bobber with a 35" northern attached can be a trick too.

On the plus side, he had a knack for hooking other peoples lost rods which was usually some sort of up grade.

Craig