Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flagsup

true jumbos

15 posts in this topic

hav been on the tetonka chain for the last week,while the walleyes hav decreased in size,the perch made up for it.started searching out over the mud basin found some perch that would dwarf winni jumbos.never seen perch that big around here,going to work them a little harder this week hopefully find some walleyes mixed in.sorry though i wont give exact directions,i know what that gets started,to many unregisterd watching.best i can say jiggn spoon with minnow head over the mud,and keep punching holes till you find em,we'll see how it goes wink.gif

Stay after 'em.

hit em again last night,and i mean at night,weird never really targeted perch after dark.we were more after the walleyes at that time,6-dinks 3 15-17 inches,with half dozen perch mixed in.not fillin any limits but for the size you dont hav to.do wish i had a digital camera tongue.gif

Best Buy, Mankato. smirk.gif

How about perch on a rattle reel at 2 am. I got 2 there and jigged 3 more, then they were gone. Then crappies at 5 am. cool.gif

dont know what happened,was out there for three evenings fishing was ok,buddy went last night an hammered both species.back to the baro thing?be out there tonight though! tongue.gif

The only time slot I have not really pursued this year is from 9:00 p.m. - 5:00 a.m. Have I been missing odd night bites all year in SE Mn?

Im gonna close out the year on Tetonka this weekend.

Wish I had more info on your spot but I will manage to find a corner some where to set up on.

If you see a blue 8x19 Lodge on the ice stop by and say Hi.

I will have CB on channel 15 and GMRS on 11.

Hope everyone has much success this last weekend for eyes.

Email me if anyone wants to hook upon the lake.

cboedecker@gmail.com

no way to get your lodge on this spot,fact is we are parking on the road and walking out,an just standing on the ice.would email u but its not just my spot, to disclose,dont want to step on any toes,sorry.wont be there myself this weekend,going to east crooked by nevis,hard to pull away but hav wanted to go to crooked for a while now,and this is the last weeknd for eyes frown.gif

Ken,

It's time for you to come in and shower. smirk.gif

It's good to know that it wasn't me I smelled talking to hawkeye on the ice the other day. cool.gif

grin.gif

That was just a bad day at work, man I hate that word. MJ, we need to go play out there. All I can say is fun tongue.gif

Heading out the door now. Besides Fish can't smell and it could help keep others away. grin.gif

Are you telling me Tetonka doesn’t have a foot or better ice?

I haven’t been out there in over a month but I am assuming there is 16" plus.

(I will be checking before I go out, the question is more of a generalization.)

Dont think I found your spot as I was all alone but I did find simmiliar results in mud at about 17'.

Ended up being a good weekend. Some sorting on the perch but landed 2 limits for 4 guys and a few bonus eyes for a nice fry.

Gills where on the camera but would never bite.

The ice and snow looked very threatening but we decided to hang tough. Sunday morning we chipped 1/4" of ice off of the side of my shack and pulled it right in with no problems. Guessing about 6" of snow on the lake and minor drifting around areas that had already been drifts or old banks.

Was a good season on the ice for eyes. Still many more opportunities for panfish.