Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
suick100

Foster House Rocks Again!

3 posts in this topic

Well it was another adventure on the Mighty Red Lake with Foster at the controls maintaining a tight seal management program and excellent fishing atmosphere. My son and I arrived late Saturday morning, and began our weekend. It was his 15th birthday, so I hoped it would be memorable and it was. Within the first hour he caught 6 walleyes and one his biggest ever, just under 27 inches and weighed just shy of 7 pounds a true Red Lake beauty, and the biggest walleye I have seen personally, since I have fished on Red Lake, after a few pictures and hollering, back down the hole she went to bite another day and hopefully, will escape the underwater seal brigade that Foster is secretly training. Well the afternoon came, and again the TRIANGLE did its thing. We had one tip-up set outside for any big Gators that may be in the area and our other 3 lines set in the house. Well the flag went up mid afternoon and we raced out their, not thinking to reel our other lines in and you guessed it, the flag was set about 10 to 15 yds from the house, but when my son was pulling on the line, it seemed to get stuck, his hands were cold so he ran back to the house and get his gloves and started to yell that all three lines were down and he was missing his favorite pole in the fish house, I knew then that the gator came to our house for a visit, I told him to start reeling one of the poles and believe it or not, he reeled up the tip up line and grabbed that line again, and once again started battling this fish and brought it up the hole in the house and total mayhem ensued, then I noticed another line attached to the black tip up line, grabbed ahold of that and up came his lost fishing pole, line/hook was attached to the tip up line. Unbelieveable day of fishing, caught the northern, measured just under 38 inches and let her go quickly after a picture or two. In the evening, the crappies moved in and my son continued his fantastic day of fishing, icing 5 dandys. We ended up catching and releasing at least 40 walleyes, and all the perfect 16 and 1/2 inch keeper size walleyes were caught by my son, too. We took home our limit of walleyes, 10 Slab crappie, 7 jumbo perch and enough memories for a lifetime. Seeing my son so excited was priceless! What a trip, Thanks again Pat for your Excellent service and I can't wait for our next trip. Red Lake lives ON!

Thats an awesome story with that gator. I bet the kid will never forget his 15th Birthday! grin.gif

Hi Pikester, Yes, he will never forget his "15th" birthday, it was a great weekend and awesome time with my son! FISH ON!!!!!!!!