Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darrin

Winnie Report (2/15-2/2/18)

3 posts in this topic

Fished Thursday (15th) through Sunday (19th) out of Nodaks (highly recommend that lodge by the way).

Started west of Center Island in 13 FOW on Thursday and ended up with 80 dandy perch (8" and up), 1 17" eye, and a snot rocket.

Decided to go back to the same area the 2nd day and it had slowed down a bit, but we were much more selective on size (Dasani bottle and up)-we kept 60'ish perch, another nice eater eye, and 2 pike.

Saturday the bite was slow all over the lake from what we could gather, but we had a pretty good day in our eyes. we moved into the west side of Moses Bar and fished 34 FOW. We kept about 60 jumbos...most 10" or bigger. Another eater walleye and a few pike.

Went back to the same area on Sunday and it started off scary slow. Moved out to 38 FOW and started getting into the nice ones again along with a good flurry of pike action...I think we got 6 or 8 in about 2 hours.

Best 2 rigs for me personally was a Frostee spoon (perch w/ gold back) and slip bobber 6" off the bottom generally with a minnow I "slowed down" a bit with a couple whacks on the shanty floor. Thank God for the Vexilar as it seemed you really had to work for them Sat and Sun.

All in all an excellent trip! Too bad the wind had to be so blustery the last couple days or it would have been "balmy" weather. Guys up there this week should really slam them with the warm front.

Tight Lines and good luck all.

Darrin

140 perch! in two days, you had to have a hand cramp from cleaning all of those!

I remember that being an average day 10 years ago. Now it's a pretty darn good weekend.