• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who cares leave your garbage on the lake!

kgpcr4

I am so sick of that attitude i could scream. Well i did one better over the weekend. We had some guys move in on us on Saturday night. On Sunday am they packed up and left about the time we were leaving. Well they left a pile on the lake 8 green gas cyliders, spit cups with spit, food wrapers and all kinds of junk. well i pikced it up and wouldnt you know it they were pulled up to one of our fine resorts. well it took the garbage bags and dumped the crap in the back of thier truck when i noticed the window open a bit well it was unlocked so i put the last one scattered throughtout the front of the truck. We then went in and grabbed a cup of coffee. I told the guy he forgot something on the lake and i put it in the front of his truck. he thanked me and i laughed. well he came out after us and blew a gasket. I am 6'4" and 325 pounds and spent 4yrs in the Marines so i just laughed. He sure was pissed. I made a mess of his truck but did no permanant damage. Guys lets Keep this and every lake clean. call people to task if you see them litter. We have a butiful state lets keep it that way.

HAHA I love it. I hate when people leave their garbage on the lake. Why should they get mad? They deserve it. wink.gif

I'm not nearly your ample size and have done the same to some slobs in the past. The looks on their face was priceless. No problems, they were speechless that somebody called them on their mess. I will continue to do it whenever the chance presents itself, f--- 'em if the cant take a joke. I have very little patience for this behavior all they need to know is I have their license # and that ends all complaints. Deal with me or the Conservation Officer. By the way, nice job now if we could get more people to think the same way

i like the idea but i would not advise anyone to do what you did. There are some loony people out there and you never know what they may do if you do that to the wrong person. There are things that your size cannot protect against. As I am sure you are well aware of.

Quote:

I am so sick of that attitude i could scream. Well i did one better over the weekend. We had some guys move in on us on Saturday night. On Sunday am they packed up and left about the time we were leaving. Well they left a pile on the lake 8 green gas cyliders, spit cups with spit, food wrapers and all kinds of junk. well i pikced it up and wouldnt you know it they were pulled up to one of our fine resorts. well it took the garbage bags and dumped the crap in the back of thier truck when i noticed the window open a bit well it was unlocked so i put the last one scattered throughtout the front of the truck. We then went in and grabbed a cup of coffee. I told the guy he forgot something on the lake and i put it in the front of his truck. he thanked me and i laughed. well he came out after us and blew a gasket. I am 6'4" and 325 pounds and spent 4yrs in the Marines so i just laughed. He sure was pissed. I made a mess of his truck but did no permanant damage. Guys lets Keep this and every lake clean. call people to task if you see them litter. We have a butiful state lets keep it that way.

I love what you did but.....like sidecar said be careful 6'4 and 300 plus means nothing!! Just my thoughts(call a co).

So what was the guys reasoning for leaving the garbage on the ice? How did they explain that??!

this is great. I agree it could be a dangerous proposition if youre dealing with the wrong type of guy. Great to see that they were taught a lesson though!!

Just curious, how old were these guys? I have a theory on litterbugs. I am 56 and when I was young and impressionable they had a great campaign in advertising and on TV. Most of you my age remember it. "Every litter bit hurts" and others. It helped and you saw a reduction in the amount of people tossing their stuff. Now when I see someone unwrap a candy bar and toss the wrapper in a crowd, or throw a big gulp drink cup out there car window I try to see how old they are. Most are young. If you tell them they shouldn't do that they look at you like your'e crazy. Parents have to school their kids in this and other bad habits. Maybe it's just because I am getting older but 3 things have really changed since I was young. Manners in general, cursing in public and littering.

Dont be too quick to blame young people. I am only 21 and respect the rules a lot more than my elder friends. I think everyone needs to clean up garbage even if its not your own. Its easy to blame but hard to help. right.

Quote:

Dont be too quick to blame young people. I am only 21 and respect the rules a lot more than my elder friends. I think everyone needs to clean up garbage even if its not your own. Its easy to blame but hard to help. right.

Being a slob is pretty much an upbringing thing(well most of the time).

I agree that "younger people" will show poor judgement time to time due to lack of experience, but it would be their mentors and parents responsibillity to help get them straight from the start. There were plenty of examples of "older people" demonstrating their poor judgement skills as well. I spent the entire weekend on the lake, along with both of my kids, and they had the opportunity to witness and cleanup some of the "poor judgement" but also were rewarded for their efforts to help keep it clean and prep the way for the next crop of fisherman. I say we all need to lead by example. It says more to stop and pickup that box, can bottle or whatever it is and dispose of it at the next earliest convience than to just blow on buy and (Contact Us Please) about it.

They were in thier 30's. I am mid 40's and i was not the least bit afraid. I knew that they were not the gang banger type with guns. I just did not care i was sooooo PEED OFF at them that i just thought it was time to teach them a lesson. They had left over a full garbage bag full of garbage on the lake. There is no excuse for that.

You are soooo right-glad to hear that you taught them a lesson!!! The same piggish things happen year round-deer hunting people dumping deer bones and hides on your property so that your dog gets into it and gets sick. People throwing their junk in the lake because "they don't live here" and throwing garbage out the window so it ends up in my yard!!! ARGH!!!!

Thank You!!!

Justin

it is an upbringing thing, if I did that as a kid I would have got it, and if mine do it they WILL get it.

Hey loupesi, I was not trying to say all young people are litterers, merely making the observation on how a generation was affected by an advertising campaign and the erosion of manners in general. Certainly there are exceptions. No intention to offend anyone.

Yup, I'm 43 and most people my age will remember these ad campaigns.

Woodsy the Owl's slogan was:

Give a Hoot, ---'- -------

Also burned into my memory is the image of a native american on horseback with a tear in his eye when he sees a littered area.

Mjen, I am not offended by your comment just simply stating that every "age group" litters, and that its easy to complain about it and blame other people, but harder to acctually help and lead by example. About the upbringing thing, I dont think that how you were raised has anything to do with littering. If your dad, or whoever, does not tell you not to litter when you are young, dont blame him. Its your fault that you are littering. Its simply education. If you know what littering does to the environment and the lakes you fish then lets hope you are smart enough not to do it. Its up to you to learn about this stuff and not for you daddy to teach you. If you dont know than i dont think you should be fishing or hunting.

Yes, it IS about personal responsibility.

However IT IS a Dad's job to teach his children personal responsibility. A lot of problems in today's society are due to dads neglecting that responsibility.

That being said, it's still a poor excuse for an adult who's littering. Yes, there are plenty of other places that he could have/ should have learned along the way that littering is unacceptable.

BTW, Anyone care to place a bet on how soon this thread will be moved to the Outdoor Discussions Forum?

I agree that what you did was ballsey...but they did have it coming to them. However did you ever think about the legal trouble you could have gotten into by entering someone elses vehicle and messing it up for them. Then Telling them you put something in their truck? I think you acted more out of anger than anything...but sometimes that will get you into more trouble than just a phone call with a License plate number.

Quote:

I agree that what you did was ballsey...but they did have it coming to them. However did you ever think about the legal trouble you could have gotten into by entering someone elses vehicle and messing it up for them. Then Telling them you put something in their truck? I think you acted more out of anger than anything...but sometimes that will get you into more trouble than just a phone call with a License plate number.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote:

About the upbringing thing, I dont think that how you were raised has anything to do with littering. If your dad, or whoever, does not tell you not to litter when you are young, dont blame him.

Gotta disagree with that. Most (not all) people act they way they were taught to act. We taught our kids to care for and respect the outdoors and they do. They pick up after themselves and will also pick up the garbage left by the slobs of the world.

And yes I do remember the give a hoot don't pollute and the Native American on the horse looking at the junk with a tear in his eye(kinda dates me a little blush.gif)

I did not see that much trash on the lake this past weekend. I fish out of a smaller resort on the south side so that may ex-plain why on the lake I didnt find much trash. With that said what is up with 9 million pop and beer cans and bottles on Hwy 72 in the ditch and on the shoulder. A guy could pay for a trip by picking them up WOW. I know why the locals are ready for ice out so they can clean up the mess.... ashamed in St Cloud. frown.gif