Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BoxMN

My ice house made MN Bound, hehe

4 posts in this topic

Me and neighbors made a 6x9 ice house cheap this year, and put it out. It is white with a big red + (plus) running top to bottom, and side to side down the whole thing. We did it so nobody would hit it at night, and also because we used all "old spare" paint from our paint shelves, and the red + is actually just pine boards where we connected the sections together. Anyway, we saw it on MN Bound last night with some artist taking photos of ice houses he thought were cool, on a story about "ice house art".

So we are artists without even knowing it! Now my wife can't tell me I can't keep it behind the garage this summer, because it is my "art"!!! ha!

I laughed hard when Schara used it to close that section of the story, and the narrator said it looked like someone wrapped up a big present and left it on the ice. That's what we were laughing about when we painted it, that someone would take it away like a present out there!

I saw that...very cool!!

It would only be logical that the next move for your shack would be right next to the Cherry and Spoon sculpture in Minneapolis! All you have to do is call something "art" and you can sell it for big $$ smile.gif!

Too bad art can't catch fish! Just kidding. You are doing well for a rookie. Pam let me go up to the cabin alone this weekend and fish for two days alone since the septic is frozen and she needs a flush toilet. I got a good number of 14 - 15" crappies on a small secret lake I fish up that way. I got all the big crappies on small shiners on tip-ups but could not get them to hit waxies or spoons on the fishing rod. All I could get on the rod was small 9 - 10" crappies on about every drop when it got dark. I used up 2 dozen or more shiners on the tip-ups for the crappies. It was the best night of crappie fishing I have ever had and I let most of them go so the fishing stays good in this little lake. I am hitting Green Lake for the last weekend of game fish season and after that we need to hookup for some panfish fishing.