Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewMNIceFisher

Alden

6 posts in this topic

A couple of questions for you other Duluth area icers. Can you get to Alden or Little Alden by vehicle? Even if you need to pull the portable and sled a ways, that would be ok. Also, assuming you can get there, has anybody fished them this winter? Based on the DNR reports, it looks like there might be a few eyes in there...??

Theres no public access on either lake. So no you can't drive on it or pull a shack out.

I have a friend with a cabin on Little Alden and the road in is private and posted as such. There is also a gate across the road. Have fished it in the winter but we caught mostly pike and crappies.

Cheeks

Thanks ST and Cheeks. I'll have to stick to the tried and true lakes this weekend. frown.gif

NewMNIceFisher, your welcome even though it wasn't any help to get on the lake. The other two road on Alden are gated plus its all private property as well.

I have a friend there too and fish it once in a while.

I've floated down river many times so if you can get dropped off up river and picked up at Island lake you could fish Alden. Then again you could fish most of the way on your float. You can do it in a day but it wouldn't leave yo a lot of time to fish.

One last thing, If you do float the river hit the area between Little Alden and Alden hard as the smallies love that area. It is just a slow area in the river but the smallies seem to gather in that area. I've had a blast there with Catch and Release.