Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coach Dog

Anything happening on Belle?

15 posts in this topic

Was wondering if there are any reports on Belle Lake. Also, is Belle a good lake in the summer for all species?

Must be getting sick of Waconia?

Belle is an overall good lake, but you need to know when and where to fish. Most of the time, simply trolling around with a lindy won't work (if you wanna catch alot of fish). The bite out there this winter has been tough for some with alot, alot, alot, alot, of smaller fish (crappies). A few walleyes are being caught, but 1 here/there.

The lakes takes some getting used to. the north bar always produces something, but if you venture out on your own, it may pay off big.

My 2 cents....

A good friend of mine has his house out there right now. Has ran into a few smaller fish, but has not really had good luck. Said he was in deep water, and was thinking of moving the house.

Thanks B@ssDoctor. Is there much for bass or northern in that lake? What about Cedar to the west? My in-laws just built a house on Belle and I hope to do some fishing there.

There are much better lakes for bass in the area. Yes there are a few, but I personally would not pursue them. There are some nice pike in this lake, but I am not sure how to fish them. I am strictl a jig fisherman when it comes to walleyes and it is not very often I get a pike, but when I do, it is usually nice 3-5 pounds.

In my eyes, the lake is managed for crappie and walleye. Everything else you catch is a bonus. Oh yeah, there are some nice perch also....

Cedar is great for bass and big northerns. MinnieBelle to the northwest of there is also a good lake for them.

Does anyone ever get pike on belle?

Got a five pounder out there a few weeks back on the jigging rod about 5pm. Fun!

I was goign to say, when you get them in there, there going to be big wont they?

Quote:

I was goign to say, when you get them in there, there going to be big wont they?

oh yeah they will be big,, had one on the stringer outside my 14' lund,, that thing made some racket beating the crapola out of my boat,, I let it go after about 15 mineuts

looks like we need you to go to a 16 foot boat, so you get a live well, dont we?

Somewhat slow Friday night. Between the two houses we got a few smaller walleye and a few crappie. Perch were mad during the day yesterday and wouldn't leave your bait alone. We pulled out in the afternoon with the big snow coming and I think it was probably a good idea since we were a ways from the landing and who knows how messy it could have been trying to get off the lake.

How big were the perch? A few years back, there was a great population of keepable (8 to 10") perch in there.

Not big enough to eat a minnow.....and if they can't eat a fathead they aren't worth keeping in my book. They were small and would just bump and hang on to the minnow....enough to be annoying.

Was anybody out after the storm? Just wondering on how high the drifts are!