Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeepguy

Schmidts Lake

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone fish Schmidts Lake? I have fished it a few times and caught mainly crappie. What has everyone caught out of this lake? Any walleye?

bass alot of decent size bass in summer but i have heard of walleye and crappies but have not caught any myself.....oh but i only fished it once smirk.gif

I guess I have only thought it was a panfish lake,think I might have to hit it for a little C&R bass trip this summer,what kind of access we talking? I have a 4 whl drive truck/17ft bass boat....Am I crazy?

I would recommend not going very fast until you've been around the lake with someone who's been on it (like me) or you have gotten familiar where all the logs/stumps, and long points are. That lake can be trouble if you are not careful. There is a LOT of submerged wood just under the surface that you cannot see out there.

If that is an invite.....I am all for it,lets hook up this summer....I would like too learn a new interesting body of bassy water

It was. wink.gif Subtle I know. I only live about five miles from the lake, so we will have to hook up after the pondweed dies back. smile.gif

AH,THE "CURLYLEAF DELIEMA" ok,I know it well.I can wait till then.....thanx Slugs