• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Deutsch Drahthaar puppies in MN, WI, IA ?

MNOutdoorsman

I am looking for a D.D. puppy that would be ready to go late March-April-May time frame. I have looked at some liters/expected liters but really only the ones that have web pages. I'm sure there are others out there that don't live on the web. If anyone knows of, or could recommend a Drahthaar breeder, please let me know.

I am learning a lot about these dogs. First of all, the breeding is very controlled. A dog has to pass many tests just to be qualified to breed. Hopefully this makes it easier to get a quality dog.

Secondly, the buyer has to meet the seller's qualifications. They don't want to sell their puppies to just anyone out there. This is fine, when you love a breed as much as these folks do, you want the puppies to go to the best homes.

Thirdly, they are not cheap. $700.00 and up, but in my experience, the cost of the puppy is the cheap part.

Any information about the breed or breeders would be appreciated.

great dogs. my last four dogs have all been vdd. all been great dogs. last two i got out of nebraska. a guy in medina, mn. will be having a projected litter in march. should be ready to go in may. can find litter listing on vdd site and get his number. he has great dogs and i probably will get my next one from him. i paid $500.00 plus my travel expenses to and from nebraska for my last pup, last aug. i've been getting mine in nebraska because i'm familiar with her dogs and breeding program. e-mail me at [email protected] , if you have any questions. jerry

MNO,

Please e-mail me tonight at home & I can hook you up with Ned's contact information in Medina,MN if your interested in his pups.

His kennel name is "vom Rainmaker" for searching test results on his pups.

I have personally seen his dogs & they are great dogs. There will be no shortage of drive in his pups.

Good Luck in your search! chrisbuller(at)comcast(dot)net

Chris

Thanks guys I will send you a PM.

I have been looking at dogs all over the web and found some great looking and I think overall great dogs. The problem I am running into is many of the breeders have the litters all reserved before the breeding takes place. I'm looking for a female puppy and of course everyone else is too.

I have found a few available but I am pretty fussy about the coat and that is cutting my options.

I had no idea these dogs were so rare and popular.

MNOutdoorsman

MNO - as others have said, Ned's a great place to start for a pup or for info on other kennels in the area. There are a ton of breeders in the MN-WI-IA area, and if you add eastern SD, there's a handful more. Finding a pup this spring shouldn't be a problem. I've been around the VDD for 3-4 years now and have gotten to know many people in our chapter. If I can be of any help or you just want to play with another DD and get your fix, let me know. Jake loves meeting new people. smile.gif My email is mrdba2u(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Good luck!

After talking to Ned again last night, I had several conversations with Larry Houck in Watertown, SD. We decided to get a puppy from Larry (if he has enough females in the litter). I'm not too worried but stranger things have happened.

Thanks for everyone's advice. I'll post again when I get my pup in late May. I'm sure i will need more advice.

MNOutdoorsman