Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hoppe56307

Taxidermist

8 posts in this topic

Does anybody know of a resonably priced taxidermist, in the Albany area.

What do you want mounted and what do you consider resonably priced?

I have a 16 in crappie, and one of my friends had a 28 in walleye done for $130, so I was hopeing for under 100.

boy that seems cheap to me. most of the time it seems to run 10-14 bucks an inch. Unless he is your cousin or a good college buddy.

Your going to have a tuff time trying to find somebody to do it for under $100. If you do find somebody I would definetly take a really good look at their work. The more you spend the better off you are(most of the time). I would say the average price for a 16in. crappie around St.Cloud would be about $150-175. I charge about $200 unless somebody brought in a few, then the price would be lower. You would be best off wrapping the slab in a wet towel (protecting the fins)and a plastic bag, freeze it and save up some extra money to have it mounted right. It will last a good year in the freezer. A 16in. crappie is a trophy and you'd be much better off spending a little extra money.

Say Chad, where are the fish biting, you been on Briggs at all or any of the local lakes by you?

I'm having a 29.5" walleye done and it is going to cost me a little over $300 but i seen the guys work and am very impressed. there are cheaper places to go but remember you get what you pay for...

Somebody knows me?

I've always had the best luck in the water!!!!!!!

Clearwater has always been good, lately I've beeen going to mille lacs with varied success. I don't fish briggs in the winter but I was fishing julia during early ice before the crowds and did pretty good. Right now I'm trying to get things done so I can head up to red lake tomarrow (I hope). Then I'll be heading to LOW in late march for the end of my ice fishing season unless the ice holds.