Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jasonkarnitz

Chester Woods

2 posts in this topic

Went to Chester on Saturday from noon til 4 pm. Caught one largemouth in first five minutes then nothing else. Walked aways out by the damm on the point next to the trees. Used waxies and minnows on jigs and tiny spoons. I thought they were bitting anyone else fishing? Have fun, Jason

I think the fishing is a bit better @ night @ Chester Woods. I fished there last night & caught 2 nice crappies (9" & 10.5")& 1 large sunny. Fished from 5:00-8:30 in 21 FOW. The crappies were suspended & caught on a spoon with a whole minnow. The sunny was caught on a small jig w/ waxie. Also caught a bunch of smaller sunnies 2 other small crappies. Good Luck!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• JBMasterAngler
      Are walleyes even native to vermilion? Pretty much every lake in northeast Minnesota had walleyes introduced to them in the last 50 to 100 years. If walleyes weren't native to vermilion, saugers certainly wouldn't have been native either. Sauger numbers seem to shrink the farther east each lake gets from Rainy Lake.
    • BringAnExtension
      Shields and Mazaska are now ice free at the landing.
    • osok
         Gentlemen, hope things go well this weekend. I, on the other hand, GET to go to St. Cloud for a surprise birthday party for my MIL. I know you all are jealous..
    • AlwaysFishing23
      So it was a legit test then. Yum maple syrup nothing better! Stay safe if you venture out. Things are getting sketchy.
    • Musky hunter 82
      What are you using the rod for?  Bass if so what lures are you going to be using, the reason I ask is that if you're using a Jig you're going to want to up your line weight to something like 17#.  You mentioned that you're new to baitcasting, a couple of tricks I used when I was first learning to cast to help manage backlashes, is set the tensioner knob so the lure just pulls out the line, then make a long cast and pull off another 20-30' of line from the reel, place a piece of electrical tape across the spool and reel the line back in. Now the backlash will only go as deep as the tape.