• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

July 1 houseboat trip

I am wondering if anyone could give me some ideas for fishing around the 4th.We will be taking a HB from RLHB.We would like some tips for northerns, walleyes & smallmouth around this time. We will be on the US side only. Thanks for any help.

HI WELLMAN,

EVER BEEN TO RAINY??? MOST FOLKS TAKE THE HOUSEBOATS TO THE EAST END, FOR BOTH BREATHTAKING BEAUTY & GREAT FISHING. BIG NORTHERNS WILL BE OUT OF THE SHALLOWS, UNLESS YOU CAN FIND CABBAGE., LOOK FOR THEM OUT WITH THE WALLEYES., AND AS WE GET CLOSER TO THE 4TH OF JULY, WE WILL HAVE A BETTER IDEA WHAT KIND OF DEPTH THE WALLEYES WILL BE. RAINY IS A VERY DIFFERENT LAKE, A PLACE WHERE YOU HAMMER 1 YEAR, YOU MAY NOT FIND A FISH THE NEXT YEAR...ONE THING FORSURE, THE WALLYES WILL BE ACTIVE SOMEWHERE., YOU SHOULD DO WELL, YOU'LL BE FISHING ONE OF THE 20 BEST WALLEYE LAKES IN THE WORLD. OH BY THE WAY JULY 4TH IS ABOUT 5 MONTHS AWAY.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

Thanks for the quick reply Fishmeister. I see your name in almost all posts. We were up there 2 years ago in July. Lots of structure to look at. We only caught eyes that time that were in the slot?? so they were 2 big to keep. Caught aa couple small northerns also. Thanks again.