Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pascooter94

st james

5 posts in this topic

i was out today cut alot of holes till we found them in 12 fow got them on a orange jig and i dont know if i can say the name of the plastic trairer or not so for now i wont but you had to pound the jig off the bottom and lift it and hold for a few sec and drop it back down and when you would lift it you would have weight on it then set the hook, we the wife got there drop there i put the under water eye down so she could watch and did she have a blast. i dont know if it was the time of day or just luck that i found them today but from about 9 to 2 we got them,

Sounds like a fun day. Were the fish still biting at 2? I'm heading there tomorrow afternoon and I was wondering if the afternoon bite is good. Can you drive most everywhere out there now? What is the ice thickness?

we got them all day when we left at 4:30 still got them i would say without a tape i would say 2ft of ice i drove my full size truck out there.

I fished St. James yesterday. The sunnies were a tough bite all day according to the fishermen on the lake. We tried several spots and depths and finally stopped in 9' in some weeds. the camera showed several sunnies down there but really had to coax them to bite. ended up with about 15 sunnies and kept 6. Not the bite that was out there last winter.

sorry to hear that we was on the northeast side by the midlake hump just east of the landing by the park hope this helps the next time your out.