Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cRaPpiEMaN8265

River fishing rice creek??

6 posts in this topic

I wondered if you would catch anything in the rice creek, I know there are fish in lakes connected to it and have caught some in the summer but don't know if any would be in the river at this time. I kinda doubt anyone has tried it but if you have let me know if you got anything...

Where can you fish Rice Creek at besides the mouth at Sucker? I always thought it was off limits. I seen the DNR writing tickets last spring near Vadnais.

In the spring there are always a bunch of people fishing on the southwest corner of County Rd 10 & County Rd H in Moundsview across from the Mermaid. Don't know what they're catching but it's pretty busy for about a month straight.

yea i was thinking of drilling a hole jst over by j and lexinton and see but it probably isn't even deep enough, i was just curious though if anyone ever ice fishes it.

That would be carp snagging (or used to be anyway). Never actually did it but worked with a guy who did. He said that when it's busy it can get pretty ugly, as you can imagine (the creek is maybe 20' across and they're throwing weighted treble hooks).

Carp snagging by the mermaid. We used to do it when we were kids. Now the authorities will boot you out since it is illegal. People fish the creek where it comes out of Lake Peltier. Northern,crappie,bullhead,carp. We used to catch walleye down by the mouth where it enters the Mississippi. Also below the dam at rice lake. The water levels have changed alot since back then. You can also fish where it enters Long lake.