Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

Just missed

4 posts in this topic

Today I scored the bucks my son and his friend shot last fall bow hunting. They both just missed Pope & Young book.

1- 123 6/8ths

2- 122 7/8ths

You cannot get much closer than that and they are the dried down scores.

Takes a nice rack to make pope and young, glad to hear the boys got some nice archery bucks! Next year 150+!!! There were a lot of BIG bucks taken again this year. Got any pics of this years?

I will take a few pics when I am done putting these on plaques. Right now I am almost there.

Yeah, still nice deer nonetheless....congrats to them.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Wanderer
      There's still driveable ice in the Ely area.
    • BassThumb.
        We were fishing tip-ups for pike and jigging spoons for perch over by Terry's the last few weeks. There were quite a few perch in the 3-10" range. Sometimes we had ten marks on our screens at once. They were in shallow, 6-8', and the big pike were chasing them.   Also, Rocky Reef had some pockets where the perch were thick this winter. Those tended to be in 11-16'.    I still think the perch are in there, but they're difficult to find under the ice.   Get the boat out there and idle around side-scanning for baitfish pods, kand you'll see a lot of what look like perch schools.
    • smartguy
      White Sand had 12 inches last Monday when I fished it.  ice cracked and began shifting a few days ago.  Interesting year as ice is still tight to shoreline, but some of those cracks that developed a few days ago are up anywhere from a foot to 5 feet wide now.      I'm done. was hoping to hit N.Long one last time but not worth the risk anymore.    
    • delcecchi
      46 inch pike in MN sort of a stretch as well, although I was "only" about 5 inches short on one last summer. (on vermilion)
    • eyeguy 54
      3rd smoke.   just gets better and better.  good for breakfast