Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjohnson5150

Camping on Snowbank

4 posts in this topic

A small group of us are planning to fish Snowbank over a long weekend in June. Our plan is to camp on one of the designated island sites. Do we need a BWCA permit to camp if the site is outside that 25 hp line? I could be mistaken, but I thought that the hp line was also the BWCAW line. We thought about just booking some rooms at Smitty's, but it would be nice to camp & throw lighted bobbers out from shore after the boats are tied up for the night.

Thanks

BWCA camping permits are needed inside the BWCA, outside permits are not regulated and are on a first come, first serve basis. The 25 HP line is supposed to be the BWCA line and should not need BWCA permits if outside of it.

Clarification on my last post. There are no outside permits on campsites. First come, first serve.

Thanks for the input. There are some great campsites on this lake. We can't wait to get into the fish again. Great body of water.