Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ice fishing maniac

caught a biggin

13 posts in this topic

me and my buddy were on roberds yesterday and he pulled a 16" crappie it was the biggest one i have ever seen that was the only fish let alone a bite we had all day

I too got to see a big one. A guy next to us caught a 17.75", 2.94 lbs crappie on lake tetonka on feb 13. I have never seen such a hog. It made the few 12" in the pail look like small. I got to hold it and you could put your first 3 fingers in the mouth and they didnt touch. My son Matt measured and weighed it for him. I wouldn't have belived it if had not seen it with my own eyes. Way to go LaDon!!!!! Matt J. we were close buddy!!!

Gotta love those monster crappies. Congrats guys!

Those are some huge fish!!! I would love to see some pictures posted if anyone has some!! I got myself a nice crappie on my wall, caught several years ago in a local lake. 16.5" just under 3 lbs

I'd love to see your pic of a 16.5"er that goes 3#! Please share.

I would love to share the picture of it, but I dont know how to, if someone could tell me how, I will post it!

Got to the photo sharing section and there is instructions on how to post photos. They are pretty easy to follow. Can't wait to see a picture of it. grin.gif

Trying to see if this worked, this was caught a few years back in a lesueur area lake, i had it in my freezer for 3 mos before I brought it to the taxidermy, it weighed 2lbs 9 oz then, he said it would have been really close to 3 lbs wet live weight 16.5"

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t31/4wanderingeyes/100_0337.jpg?t=1172006891

Nice lookin' fish.

I second Jamison's remark. Nice looking reference as well grin.gif

Thanks, the crappies from url are really typical that size, I cant explain the thrill of seing crappies that big come from an ice hole. Im just waiting for my 30"+ walleye to put on the wall next to it!

My heart always beats just a touch more when I'm "on" the crappies on URL.