Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jiggemup

Haalp!!!!

7 posts in this topic

Tomorrow I am taking my 7 year old nephew out for his first time on the ice. Where can I catch fish? ANYTHING!!

I want him to have a fun day, and at least see his bobber go under. Any lake between Stillwater and Wyoming. Thanks!!!!

Green lake will do you proud. Go to the access on the east side and follow the road out to your left. You will see a bunch of shacks in the area about 1/2-3/4th mile from the landing. It is easy fishing in 6-8' of water. Tear drop and waxies will get you bit all day long with bluegills, crappies and an occassional bass or pike that cruises through with even the possibility of a walleye. Really easy fishing due to the water depth. Hope this helps.

Tunrevir~

Perfect!Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes. We are also going out on Forest(first)to have lunch in a buddys perm shack. Should be a great day!

I would suggest the exact same. I go out with my 5, 3 and 2 year old and it is hard to keep up with them using one pole each. I don't even try to fish, just re-bait and remove fish from their lines. Mostly small panfish, but the kids love it.

You guys were dead on. By the time I got a second hole drilled, he had caught 2 fish. I gave up and baited and unhooked fish. What fun! Took him over to Forest after, just so he could see what it's like to not catch fish also........

Glad to hear to hear you had a good time. Nothing like the little ones when they are fire up and catching fish! May have hooked another one into fishing. Nice job getting him out to fish!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Glad to hear it worked out. With the kids I take quantity over quaility any day. There is the chance of getting some nice fish out there too. We were out and my brother caught four bass (2lbs - 3lbs) and a northern. I have never seen that many bass caught at once in the winter??? Great to hear that the next generations are out there on the ice doing us proud!