Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toddsmidt

How to catch a fish at night on LOW

7 posts in this topic

Any suggestions?

Get lucky

grin.gif

They do bite once in awhile just not very fast or consistent.

Todd: The Walleyes on LOTW just have a great UNION and quit at sundown... They go back to work at sunrise... LOL... Now the Pout have the night job and you can get them running around after hours.. Seriously, the water is to stained and even Old Marble Eyes can't see very well in that water after dark.. But the Pout aren't that bad, are they??? They smell their way around, or is it they just plain SMELL!! confused.gif Better off sleeping after dark and be ready for the HOT Sun Up Bite grin.gif!!! Kaz

Thanks for the help. We're bringing up some tip ups with bells in case the pout want to wake us up!

We have stayed in Bob's sleepers out of Warroad formerly Jakes. We bring rattle reels with and lay the lure real close to the bottom. Most likely you will catch pout but we have caught a few walleyes. We have actually caught a 26" fish in the dark.The pout can be a real blast to catch just do not put to many down or you will spend the whole night untangling from the pout.

Good luck and have fun.

Linda

Thanks for the posts. Speaking of eelpout tangle, I once was at the Eelpout Festival on Leech Lake, and had one heck of a morning eelpout tangle.

I am told the same thing every trip up there but I dont believe that for a minute. I have caught my biggest fish up there after dark. You wont catch as many as the daytime, but some of the biggest eyes have come at night. You just have to move shallower after dark. We fish deep during the day and move to the shallows just before primetime. I look at it this way, I am up there too fish and I cant catch them at the motel or bar...lol.