• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lowrance price predictions???

Scoot

Question

The 332c and 334c are being discontinued. Any educated guesses as to what the prices of these units will be soon? With the new electronics coming out I'm sure the prices will drop considerably.

Also, will the transducer for a 334c work for a 332c?

18 answers to this question

The new units are already out. The drastic price drops happened last fall when Lowrance announced their new line-up and I don't think you will see them drop much farther now, if at all, given the time of year.

The transducer would be the same for both models.

Quote:

The new units are already out. The drastic price drops happened last fall when Lowrance announced their new line-up and I don't think you will see them drop much farther now, if at all, given the time of year.

The transducer would be the same for both models.

I agree.

Employees at Scheels, Gander Mountain, and Sportsman's Warehouse have recently told me otherwise. Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Or... have I been led astray?

You may get lucky and find something but it makes no sense for the stores to carry or sell an old 332c or 25c for no profit when the new 500 series is out.

Good Luck.

If you can find a 332 or a 334 and you want it, you better buy it. I think they'll be gone before you see much for price drops, especially since those models are hi-res color units that have been selling like crazy. The units with the drastic price drops have been monochrome and lower res units.

The new units (500 series) have been available for a couple of months.

Scoot, I'm currently looking at the same models. For my boat, the 334 will not work because the back of the unit will be inside the fiberglass hull for a flush mount, so the igps will have a lot of trouble picking up signal. I spoke with a employee over at Gander and he has the 334, and experiences trouble keeping a signal as his unit is mounted on his dash under his windshield. The 332 is probably the safest choice, but you will have the added install of the gps puck. Most stores are out of the 332, but I have seen the 334 for sale down to $500. I will most likely try to scoop up a 332 if I can find one at a local shop, if not, I'll try the internet.

Thanks for the info fellas. Fisherdog, the problems with the 334 are twofold: 1) the original models had soldering issues that have now been fixed. 2) they are very persnickity to where they are mounted. If you're talking about a flush mount in the dash, the 334 won't work. If you're putting it on top of the dash there is a spot where it will work great- it's just a matter of knowing where to put it. They are very finicky! I know a couple guys who have mounted a ton of them and they apparently know exactly where each model boat needs to have the 334 mounted under the windshield- if it's off by an inch or two it won't work well.

I have a 332 on the dash. This unit will be going on the bow, so a 334 should be a no-brainer. I'm hoping to find one for $500 or less, as suggested by fisherdog.

The back of Reed's Spring Fishing catalog has the updated version of the 334c for $500 advertisment taking up an entire page, so I would guess they still have some.

All of the issues with the 334c have not been taken care of there are still many problems with the 334c I would avoid at all cost.........yes there are people with working 334c's.

I have heard of the problems with them and was informed this when I made my purchase. I have loved mine and never had any issues with satelite reception. They also said if I ever do Lowrance would fix or replace it as there are known issues with them. Of course now since being disontinued I'm not sure if they would repair a malfuctioning unit or discount new version?

Me, for example. I have a 334 that works perfectly. Ram mount and I havent' noticed any bizarre behaviour with position. But my windshield is plastic, no metal.

Quote:

I have a 332 on the dash. This unit will be going on the bow, so a 334 should be a no-brainer. I'm hoping to find one for $500 or less

Since you already have a 332, you already have a gps antenna. Adding a 2nd gps does not mean you need a 2nd antenna. Use the LowranceNet to network both units and the gps antenna together.

You don't want a 334, you'd be paying for an internal antenna that you don't need. Buy another external antenna gps, like the 332, and get it without the gps antenna. Prior to them being discontinued the regular price for a 332 with transducer without gps antenna was $400. That and some network cables and connectors are all you need.

I have heard good & bad with the 334c. Those who have had problems have been happily taken care of from what I understand. With that said, it still didn't stop me from buying one.

It actually arrived this weekend from Reeds. Maybe not the absolute best price in the world but its hard to beat a color GPS/Flasher combo for a tad over $500. You are looking at $650 for the "new" versions.

Its sure going to be nice on the dash of the snowmobile next winter. smile.gif

I got my 332c without GPS at Cabelas. I just checked thier web site and they have the unit with GPS yet for $649.

That big auction website has them. Scoot, like the other gentleman stated, you already have the external antenna, just get a 332 without the gps and hook it up with the lowrancenet system, it's a pretty slick setup.

Something to keep in mind. I was looking at the Lowrance policy for warranty repair and it stated they will not honor the sale date if purchased from an online auction. They stress buying fron a dealer. They will use the serial number and look up the date of manufacture. If it is still in warranty based on that date they will fix it. If not you are out of luck.

I have a 334iGPS that i bought from Gander last fall, and am going to put it on my new Tournament Sport 185CS in a couple weeks once i take delivery on it. I would be interested in learning a little bit more about this placement on the dash strategy. You can either post it here or send me an email [email protected]

Thanks in advance for any info.