Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
island guy

Tax time!!

island guy

Not sure if this is the proper thread for this but...

Anyone have any advice on choosing a TurboTax type thing for preparing my taxes versus a "real person" or service? Mine are not complicated but I do not want to attempt it on my own. I would rather pay to have it done than add stress to my life trying it on my own.

Surface Tension

I went to the IRS site and found services that allow you to file your Fed return free and for a small fee you can file your State return. Its pretty much like doing it on paper except you don't need to add. Biggest advantage is I got my State refund back in, get this, 4 days. Federal refund was sent out within 10 days.

LwnmwnMan2

Quote:

I went to the IRS site and found services that allow you to file your Fed return free and for a small fee you can file your State return. Its pretty much like doing it on paper except you don't need to add. Biggest advantage is I got my State refund back in, get this, 4 days. Federal refund was sent out within 10 days.

This is what I do for my mother-in-law as well. Takes about 30 minutes.

I run my own business, si CPA does mine.

anyfishwilldo

I use an online program. Do a search for taxslayer. That is the website, but if I put in the rest, it will get zapped. $9.99 efiles both state and federal. It got me 3500 back.

Bobby Bass

If you have a pretty basic return you are better off doing Turbo-tax online or a similar tax program. Fed is free and you pay for e-filing your state. 4 day turn around is not going to happen now. As filing is brisk but it will save you time over a paper return and having direct deposit will save a week.

JohnMickish

For the free Fed return I believe there is a limit on what you income can be. Does that still hold true or has that changed?

harvey lee

I am looking for a place that can turn what I owe into a return. Where is this shop or form??????? frown.gif

Bobby Bass

Quote:

For the free Fed return I believe there is a limit on what you income can be. Does that still hold true or has that changed?

If you go to the IRS homepage you will get redirected to programs that will allow you to file Fed for free if under 52K Adjusted Gross. I see Turbo Tax is now charging for Fed and State on their home page.

Surface Tension

Here you go, choose from the list. efile

IFallsRon

I've used Turbo for over 10 years and I really like it.

It especially helps because I have expenses and collect several 1099-Misc for my freelance business.

End of the Line

I have mine done by a professional and I can tell you this. Its a 'write off' for what he charges for the next year and I am sure he gets alot more of the details done right. My first year I met him I had mine done by a professional, I was suppose to owe. I didnt think this was right so I took it in to him. The first guy missed so many little details, I actually got a small refund instead of paying in a significant amount. Money well spent in my opinion.