Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
87clam

Cascade lake

4 posts in this topic

Any Idea what there gonna stock for fish in cascade lake. Just once i would like to see them slip some northerns or eyes in one of these lakes.

I skimmed through all the info on the city of Roch's webpage about this project but didn't see any info on fish species. I know there are already fish in these pits & wonder if they would even stock it. I agree though would be fantastic to have water in town where one could catch some walleyes!! I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

I know in the cities they put walleyes in some of the little lakes there. I fished them with a buddy. We caught some nice eyes out there. They just regulate the heck out of them. Alough I have seen eyes caught here before. i saw a guy 3 years ago catch one out of fosters that was about three pounds. Plus my buddy caught some 13 inchers while crappie fishing in silver lake one summer. He also said some kid caught a monster walleye below the dam once. But that i would have to see to beleave.

There was a picture of a monster eye in the paper a few years back that I remember seeing. The caption said the guy caught it right below the dam. I wouldn't have believed it either had I not seen the pic myself.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• jriegel
      Thanks guys for the tips looks like 3-4inch stick bright stick baits and bright spoons seem to be the go to.  Anybody ever vertical fish them or live bait? Hope the weather is.good next friday, i have always wanted to get out there and try it.  Bonus is the wife would be happy with some fresh salmon.
    • ducksnbucks
      I have been looking at the gages this morning and the L.F. still appears to be either frozen or have an ice jam at the most downstream gage in Little Fork. The discharge is not working but the water level has risen 3' since Sunday. The next upstream gage however is flowing good and has risen from 1,200cfs to 5,000+cfs since Sunday and has risen 8' in the same period. The Big Fork doesn't have cfs data so I am thinking its frozen but the height has risen 2.5' since Sunday. I would think with that flow and the warm weather it's only a matter of days until they both go.   Other trips like the Black River and Rapid River are all on the rise both cfs and height.   Also, I took a look at the Rainy at Manitou Rapids and it has risen about 2' and has gone from 14,000 cfs to 17,500 cfs since Sunday.
    • northspear
       I'm heading up Friday. Going out of spring steele. I have a delivery route that took me up there today.  Took lunch at the warroad access. They got it closed with yellow tape.  If anyone heads up earlier an update would be great.  I'm planning on an atv but will walk if I have to.  Thanks.  Good luck and tight lines!!!
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I herd some lakes in the BWCA were still in good shape as of Monday but I'm sure that changed by now.
    • AlwaysFishing23
      Your best bet is to go some place like Cabela's or fleet farm. Look at what they got find what you like as far as price style and color and try them if there not what you like exchange them. I would definitely say boat seats are a "you get what you pay for" you buy a $40 seat it's probably going to be junk while a $100 seat will last a lot longer and be made better. Hope this helps!