Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jb426

Going out with a truck camper overnight

2 posts in this topic

I'm heading out to the lake next weekend. Planning on sleeping out there in my eight foot truck camper and fishing out of a portable. Anybody have any opinions as to whether this is a good idea or not. Will have plenty of propane for heat i'm more worried about falling through or being able to get to the spots. Never ice fished mille lacs before have a 04 dodge ram 4x4 camper is an extra 1500#-1800#. Thanks for any advice. Also, do people use generators out there, if so any unwritten rules, don't want to scare fish away from anybody.

I am no expert on campers on the lake. But here is my two sense. If you are going to run a generator, set up away from everyone else. Especially if you are only doing that for where you are sleeping and not fishing. As for the Ice condition. I don't think you have to worry about it with the current ice depths, but at the same time, check with the resorts just to make sure they are advising those weights for ice travel. I don't know if I answered any of your questions, but have fun and use common sense.