• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fish replicator

MercMan

Question

I'm sure this has been on this forum many times, but my home computer is too slow to go search for old entries.

Does anybody know a taxidermist/fish replicator who charges a decent price, does a good job, and lives in MN? I'm thinking about getting a replica done of a fish I caught last summer. Finding a good replicator, in my opinion, is a crap shoot, and I would just as soon use someone who has had some good references, and I want to give my money to another Minnesotan....preferrably a FM member. Thanks for the leads!

5 answers to this question

Sorry, can't help ... but you hit on one of my pet peeves. Why in the world doesn't somebody like Gander or Cabela's contract out to a fiberglass or plastic manufacturer to mass produce replicas in one inch increments?

With mass production you should be able to retail a 30 inch walleye for around $49.95 and still realize a decent profit margin. If the color and finish were good the potential market is huge.

I could even foresee an "in store promotion" where you'd bring in your fish photo and receive a discount on your replica if you practiced catch and release.

ARE YOU LISTENING DICK CABELA ???

Try "Artistic Anglers" North of Duluth. They do great work. I think one of our fellow FM'ers works up there.

I second Artistic Anglers.

Mass produced Replicas? Might as well have a stuffed fish on your wall. Thats like having a fish your buddy caught on your wall.

By the way Cabelas and several others get their mounts from Artistic Anglers.

Fibertech in Brainerd for me.

I have both Artistic Anglers and Fibertech stuff.

Fibertech is much faster than Artistic, and no, the quality does not suffer with faster turn around.

Speed of turn around isnt the only reason I choose Fibertech either.