Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DCF

South End Crappies

3 posts in this topic

Coming up Sunday and haven't heard much about the resorts and the crappie bite from the south end. How far do you need to go out from Rogers or any of the other south end resorts? How has the crappie or walleye bite been in these areas. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Don't know, I haven't caught one single Crappie this year! Although the cold weather on the last three trips didn't help either as far as moving and trying new areas. I pretty much stayed put, only moving the house a couple times...

Right now my house is set up about as far out as any other houses out of Rogers. It's gotta be close to 4 miles out or more? If you look at the lakemaster map, I'm set up almost right in the middle of the mapped area closer to the Reservation line. Again I haven't caught any Crappies there yet, but last time I was up I did see a few swim by my camera, so I know they are there. I just didn't have what they wanted down there I guess.

Overall Crappie fishing has been slow on the south shore, but a few are being caught here and there. The north shore has been much better for some reason this year and from what I have heard is more of a day bite compared to the night bite of years past.

Hope this helps some????? wink.gif

From my experience so far this year, if you want to catch a lot of walleyes the south shore is the place to be but if it is crappies you are after Hillmans road is the only place to be.