Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ash5

sunny and perch

7 posts in this topic

which lake is better for sunny's and perch, Pulaski or Buffalo?? and are they catching any right now?

thanks

I really wouldn't recomend either. Buffalo has more perch. I don't know about sunnie but during the spring it has some good spawnig spots. Always try Constance. Tons of em out there just not the size.

little pulaski has lots of sunnies and crappies, but i've never caught a sunnie on buffalo. but kdawg is right constance is good for both of them.

eye guy, you still on. don't forget to ask about the mille lacs trip. call me and let us know.

Where is Constance at exactly? Is it close to Palaski?

And is little palaski connected to palaski?

thanks again

All the perch on Buffalo are stunted. It will be hard to find a perch over 8". As far as the gills, there are some dandys in buffalo. They are pretty easyto find in the spring and summer, but in the winter you have to do some searching. I have caught a lot of gills through the ice, but you need to work at it.

Slab

I'll second that buffalo has some nice sunnys. Two summers ago I caught 4 in one day trolling shad raps for walleyes. They were dinner plate sized. They really put up a fight. I released them. I havn't caught one like that since. I have no idea how to find them summer or winter. That was just dumb luck.