Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Borch

5th Annual Cool Cats Ice Event

28 posts in this topic

So who's all planning on coming out to the Horseshoe chain for cool cats? It's a great time every year. Here's a link to more details.

Cool Cats

I'll be there for year #5 along with a few of the boys from the BP Cat League

I'll be there. I'm working on Dan Thiem as well and from the sounds of it he and Alex might be making the trip as well.

Papa Grump how big is that cat in your avatar?

I'd put money on you if you would catch one of those during the event!! But getting him in would require you to be fishing in a spearhole.

Flowage should we hit up CoolCats? I think we could bring some of our river techniques to the event and have a good time! 17lber through the ice cough cough.

SA/wdw

me to. smile.gif

Quote:

Papa Grump how big is that cat in your avatar?

I know that one! 50lbs.

I WILL be there as well.

I don't suppose anybody would be willing to give me a ride out to the spot, as I am not familiar with the lake. I would be willing to meet you at the access or in Richmound.

As we get closer let people know when you'll be there. Hitching a ride shouldn't be an issue.

There's also a map posted in the thread where the link in my original post goes to.

See you there.

Sounds like a fun time, If I can make it I am in forsure.

Count me in too! smile.gif

Wouldn't want to miss it! I am looking forward to this event. Hopefully I'll make a few new fishing buddy's. Maybe I'll have a panfish bite going nearby that some of us can take advantage of in the afternoon. smile.gif See you all there!

Quote:

I'll be there for year #5 along with a few of the boys from the BP Cat League

Brian, I guess I have been invited in on your group also by Jim from my bowling league.

What are you guys all bringing? Just portables or should I bring the wheeler too? I have a wheelhouse but that might be a little overkill.

Dave- just the portable is fine since we will be driving out to the spot and staying for most of the day. I'm bowling this Wednesday and will clue you and Jim in on the plans.

I will be leaving from Arlington alone, so if anyone will need a ride just holler. You can call me if you like. I believe I will be leaving my house around 5am, but if you would not be able to make that we might be able to change those plans a bit.

507-964-2773-home

320-510-1650-cell.

Thanks Brian, I'll see you wednesday.

I'm hoping to make it. Haven't been able to make a FM event yet to I think it would be fun.

I would really like to come to this event since I love to go cat fishin in the open water but have never done it through the ice before...Is it a alright idea to bring my 13 and 11 yr old boys with or is it more of an adult thing? and also what do I bring for gear as in lures and bait?

I plan to be there in a few weeks. Working on the wife to have her come out to a Get together. IF the weather is good, I think she'll come...I've got my fingers crossed that she makes it out at least once this year smile.gif

Looking forward to meeting a lot of you for the first time!

mpsteckel- Defianately bring the boys along. Family,friends and kids are what this event is all about. Kids are the future of our sport and the more we get involved the better in the long run.

As far as gear I use my normal walleye setups. Glow red spoons always seem good!

thanks..I will definately try and make it

As long as the weather cooperates and I can make it up from Rochester, I'll be there!

Just watched the 5:00pm news on wcco.com. Sounds like we may get 8-14" of snow. However there is a possible chance a small band could come over us with over 15" of new white stuff. Lucky us mad.gif

Looking forward to the event but the weather , I am hoping, won't put a damper on our day.

Sounds like the snow will all be on the ground before the event. The problem will be getting out to the spot. We might try to snowmobile all the way from home out to the lake if I am in town, or trailer them to the lake. Com'n guys we are Minnesotans, a couple weak winters seem to have made some of us soft!!:)