Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fever

Cedar?

8 posts in this topic

Anything going on cedar lake recently? Probably heading up there this weekend. Not looking for specific directions at all. Just wondering if anyone has been out there. I heard that very few people have been fishing it... Sounded bad. Not much going on at my old go to spot on Waconia. Kinda depressing. Thanks...

Fever

It froze up late so I never made a trip out. I typically quit fishing the lake for Eyes by the end of January anyway.

Let us know if anything is biting.

"Your bobber down!"

hey Fever

I hope things go well I'll be out next weekend let us know what happens.

Fished the south basin. Hit the second hump from the south. 20 fow. Droped the 5 pack sos. dead lined a small crappie min and used a gold pimple with minnow head. Fished sat from 5:30 am till 10 and caught one 5 inch perch. Sund I moved south about 2oo yds and fished in 32 fow and marked fish near the bottom. Nothing happinging though. Fished from 10 am till 1. I moved around after an hour or so and drilled about 8 holes. Droped a tip up down one in about 12 fow. Then jumped hole to hole looking for anything... Well I snagged 5 four inch sunnies and 4 five inch perch... Wow huh? Did see one guy near by throw a decent pike on the ice he caught while jigging a small shinner. Pike was probably 3-4 lbs. Man, was that ice thick... two feet at least.

I was also out there on Sun. I started at about 6:30a I was in about 40'marked alot suspended about 6 ft but couldn't catch any they were hitting my line just not long enough to catch them. I moved to deeper water away from the flock and started to catch crappies right away biggest 9" average 6" caught 10. I left around 2 I think it would have been better around sunset but had other commitments

I believe I saw you on Sun. I was driving a white jeep grand cherokee. You have a purple portable? yeah the fish were tight lipped.

Oh, sorry forgot my mannors... Welcome to FM. It's a fantastic site/forum. grin.gif

Yeah, that was me. I think I might go back out there on Sat. evening. I'm going to the Big Lake fishing tourn. but I am planning on going out to Cedar afterwards and to Mille Lacs on Sun for some perch fishing. I'll let you know how I do. By the way Thanks. I have been reading this forum for about two months just never signed up for it yet, and yes it is an awesome site.