Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rainydaze

What an Awesome ice fishing year!

11 posts in this topic

Heres to one of the greatest ice fishing seasons I've seen. I keep waiting for the bite to shut down, and the fish keep biting. Big fish!! I have to put different ice fishing clothes on each time out, so our digital pictures don't look like the same ho hum GIANT FISH!

Haha that sounds like quite a problem to have! Yes I must say this has been quite a year for ice fishing on Rainy, both for the size and number of fish caught. It's a real treat to be able to only travel mere minutes and be on such good fishing.

I think this truly shows what having slot limits and lower but still plenty liberal limits of fish can do. Also with the digital cameras people have now days there are much more CPR's for big fish, which is great. Hopefully this trend will carry on throughout the summer and into many more hardwater seasons to come. Tight lines!

You guy's are making me very jealous!! Can't wait to get up there at the end of the month. Anyone been up the north arm yet? I'm sure somebody has, but would like to know some ice depth. Would like to drive up the lake this time vs snowmachine. I would be traveling all the way up to Waller Island. Thanks and good fishing!!! SB

HEY SUPER BLACK,

CRAPPIE FISHING AT 3 SISTERS THIS WINTER HAS BEEN EXCELLENT. LOTS OF VARIED SIZED CRAPPIES, 4" TO 2LB.+.

I HAVE BEEN THERE 5 TIMES.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

Fishmiester:

Stopped in to say hi but found out you were out fishing. Got to meet your son, nice kid!

Superblack, set you an email, lots of ice for vehicle travel and not alot of snow - I only traveled as far north as AMI but ice conditions are fantastic.

Jeff

What kind of depths are the crappies? Suspended? Thanks.

Thanks boy's. I just wish I lived closer!!! SB

I am coming up march 2-4. I am heading out of woody's. I am excited to come up. Just wondering what are they hitting on and any particular colors I should primarly bring. How much snow is there? How thick is the Ice, should I bring my exstention? Any hot spots I should try? Thanks.

Hey Kaden!

Fishing has been flat out awesome this year. Good choice staying at Woody's. Say hello to that foxy GM they have. I've been catching numerous eyes on forage minnow, pimples, glow jigs, and gold colored jigging spoons. Fishing deeper edges of humps around 35-40 feet. Keep close eye on the entire water column as in depths like this often times the big fish will come in suspended chasing baitfish. Not a bad idea getting a guide for a day to ensure your on top of the bite! Good Luck! Ice is thick, and wouldn't hurt to bring your extension. Very little snow cover at this time.

Thanks for the info, realy appreciate it.

7 of us were up fishing 3 Sisters area Friday and Sat. this past weekend... The fishing was ok but the size has really gone down from a few weekes ago... Great ice, little snow, great traveling by trucks... If there is another week of below zero temps you may need an extension but for now you will be fine... I have another group of friends that are headed up there tonight!!!