• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Red Rock

Does anyone know the ice conditions on Red Rock. Can I drive on it? Is there places to watch out for? Thanks for the help. Dont want to be a floater or sinker.

Must be no one knows anything. I guess I will see if I sink on Saturday. Plan on staying away from the crowds. It might be a nice quiet place.

Yeah...It might be nice and quiet because the fishing sucks. Save yourself a wasted day and go over to Lower Prior if you want to catch some decent bluegills and have a chance at a northern.

I hope you don't take tj's opinion as gospel. Seriously.

I was on red rock last weekend. We drove out and found 14-18" of ice. 14" was over the deep hole of 18'. The fishing was okay that day but I only stayed for 2 hours midday cause my 4yr old got bored. I think that if you'd like to catch a nort than RR would be a great place. Keep a few while you're at it. The pannies are small but steady.

You can go to 100 lakes in the metro where you can catch small panfish all day - My point is that if you want to catch some nice sized fish, to keep or release, Red Rock is not the best choice. I don't give a rip where you guys fish, but I fish lakes where I can get some fish that are respectable, and I would consider it a waste of time fishing Red Rock when IU can shoot down to Prior and catch some very nice big bluegills mixed in with all of those little ones, plus the water clarity is great so I can watch them on the AquaVu and have more fun.