• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Report from 2-13 and 2-14

binsfeldnick

Went out of hunters on tuesday morning around 10:00 am. This week I was running solo since my dad couldn't make it. Got the wheelhouse set up on top of the mud for the evening bite. Set up in my portable out deeper hoping to get some jumbos before evening. Didn't have the same luck on the jumbos as we did last week. At 3:30 got situated in the wheelhouse. Not a bite untill 5:30. Then I caught a nice 17" eater and lost another on the way up. I also released a 22" eye. All of these fish bit within 10 minutes and then nothing. The next morning woke up at 6:00 but did not get anything till about 7:00. Ended up getting 3 more eaters between 16-19" and a 13". The last fish I caught before packing up was a healthy 25" eye at about 9:00 am. All of these fish hit on a 1/8 oz silver buckshot jig with a minnow head. There were more fish on the vex but these are the ones that I convinced to bite. Also missed one fish on the set line that took off so fast it almost pulled my rod down the hole. Must have felt the rod and let go cuz nothing there when I set the hook. I was fishing out on one of the many mud flats out past blue jug. Will be heading back up on Monday and Tuesday for my last trip of the season. Then I guess I'll have to head to Lake of The Woods and get the boat ready for the rainy river. Good luck to all.

Nice report! binsfeldnick i will be up on monday thru thursday just woundering if you want to share your spot with us or even maybe get together and try are luck. let me know send me a email [email protected] we are going to be up by noon monday. happy fishing and get them biggins.

Hey Nick sent you a email but got it back for some reason.Anyways i would be willing to meet up with you at any given time on monday or tuesday.Me and a friend is all that are comin up along with his blacklab.We are renting a house from hunters not sure wich one as far as a number but if its not happening in the house would be willing to go looking.Just give me a time to meet up with you and your dad ill be there.Oh by the way we both are in are fortys if you think thats not to old lol.Thanks for the email back to me and if you want i can be reached at 507-474-6024 anytime after 6pm. Thanks and happy fishing get them biggins tongue.gif Bob

Binsfeld, If you want to swap some info, I'm heading out of Hunters on Sunday, I can do some scouting for you and let you know Sunday night when I get back. Let me know at [email protected]

KSW