Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike L

Up river from the park

8 posts in this topic

anybody ventured out east from Crookston?

As far as I know, people are going both dirrections and having luck... get away from the crowds and get to a fresh area and they are finding fish, and many of them. The last spot I was at I was seeing several hundred fish a day, Cats, Sheeep head and walleyes and pike. I still can not get the cats to bite thought or the sheep head. My goal is to find out what stimulates these cats to eat under the ice.

So i fished it like a half mile before it dumps into the red and we apparently werent out to the late late night bite they have there so didnt catch crap... I am going to venture over to the crookston area.. Approzimately where can i access this river... and is there a dam or rapids or something i should be aware of? What side should i be on i know nothing about rivers basically.. fish lakes mostly.. thanks if anyone can help that out

In town, there's public access in Central Park behind the library just off Hwy 2. Just zero in on the old Cathedral spires.

So what do you use (bait/lure) to get these river eyes?

Anyone... any tips on your river?

yeah,

move away from the crowds. There are a few good spots upstream from the park. Usually catch them from 5pm-8pm on red glow jigs, or blue in 8-10 feet of water. watch for slush spots on the ice.

I like flash lures, with a tail hooked minnow.

Up-stream from the park, there a a number of rather straight sections of river that are real shallow and not worth driling holes. I own a bit of land on the river east of town on a straight section of about 200 yards. 3 feet of ice and one foot of water on Sunday. frown.gif