Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jesmithgr

Looking for fish

4 posts in this topic

My uncle just came in from Montana and would like to get him on some hot spots. We are heading to Walker this week-end for the eelpout festival mostly for the party. Next week though we would like to do some serious fishing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Jim

Red lake would be a good day trip or Winnie. I would check out the forums on those two lakes. You can usually get some good info on the locations etc. I fished Red and went out on hillman's road about 7 miles and fished 13 feet of water. I also went to winnie and caught a lot of perch, some nice size ones, and a few keeper walleyes. Went out of High Banks resort. The people there were really nice. Hope this has helped some!

Thank you fishgirl. We are talking about going up to Red for Slabfest II. high banks sounds good too.

if you are thinking about the slab fest i would do it. first off, you can't beat fishing on Red, and secondly, fishing with FM members would be a blast. If you have never caught a red lake crappie you are in for a treat