Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeff127

wheel house

8 posts in this topic

Just wodering if any of the resorts on winnie have accesses that are "wheel house friendly". I usually use highbanks but it is too steep for my perm. fish house.

jeff

I've used High Banks and Denny's. Denny's has about a 4 foot drop to the ice. I prefer to fish the north side of the lake. I have a wheel house along with a fishing buddys wheel house haven't had any trouble getting up and down the hill at High Banks. Also I'm sure if you asked Rick at High Banks he would be more that willing to help if you needed it. Use 4 wheel drive and it's really not an issue.

Happy to give you a hand!! Our access has been pretty user friendly this year - many large wheeled houses have been utilizing it. Just give us a call at 800-365-2560 and we can discuss the details. Thanks!!

I went out of Denny's on Wednesday with a 22' wheel house with no problems at all. You have drive a little ways to get across the heave on the south end, but they have a marked crossing so no problems there either. We did very good on the walters too. Caught 30 fish on wed. night keeping a limit and 10 more thurs. morning with 2 at 25" and 1 26"er. It was awesome.

thanks for the replies! I am heading up there this coming weekend and bringing my neice along.

wing nut, what area of the lake were you fishing---I have never done that well on the eyes during the winter on winni---usually only one or two a weekend---I am mainly going for perch but closing out the walleye season with a bang would be sweet

jeff

we fished up by bena bar. the fish didn't start to bite until about 5 pm but they stayed steady until about 8:30. we caught the bigger fish in the am.

Wing Nut,

Did you jig for those eyes? How many FOW were you in? We are heading up Wed. and would love to fish walleyes towards dark. Thanks

Dodger

jiggin and a deadstick. it didn't matter which one. they must have been hungry, cuz they hit everything. 14 fow