Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stpauliguy

White Bear Lake

5 posts in this topic

Was looking for some info on how people were doing on here and surprised i didnt see anyone writing about it. Is it that big a secret havent fished it in years and even then didnt hit it hard. Wondering if anyone has any tips on where to find the crappies or maybe some walleyes. Not looking for any honeyholes but just some info. If you dont want others to know feel free to email me.. nevermind908@yahoo.com ... appreciate any info and good luck to y'all.

We have perm house out. Moved it a lot. Back to a spot where we have gotten small walleyes, but not many. About 23' deep, with some scattered rocks on bottom. We are away from the beaten path. We were one of the first to a "community" spot, and got a couple nice eyes, and lately it has been dead sea. So we moved far away from traffic, and not doing much better, but lots of perch and a few crappies, and a few walleyes. Typical night is bunch of perch and 3 or 4 crappies and 2 small (11-13") walleyes.

I've been fishing it once a week, all over the place. Very few eye's, some real quality crappies, although you really have to work for'em. Perch all you want in the 3-5" range. The only thing worth noting were some good size northerns off the mumps in 19 fow. The bigger crappies I caught were on the ramsey beach side at the end of the bar roughly 20-25 fow. Good luck!

Tonight got some pretty darn fat perch. Some smaller ones too, but if we were keeping them, they were better than normal. Nothing else. They were hitting only big fatheads on jigs, and hitting them pretty darn hard.

Congrats box at least keeps ya busy for a little bit!! Nice to hear perch hitting on fatheads! Was planning on getting out there tonight and unfortunately something came up so because xmas party for work tom (i know middle of feb) plan on hitting it sat. Dont know exactly where im headed yet but i hope its over some fish!! Ill let you know if my spots were good or bad. Only time will tell i guess. See ya good luck