Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

LQP

11 posts in this topic

Is there any eye action on the river as of late?

Not much going on the river right now. The lake is starting to give up some crappies near the clay banks. There have been some big walleyes caught lately. The bite isn't fast and furious but they are getting some.

The 'eye bite is still slow huh? Spent the last couple weekends out there and got 2 total... Hoping to have the bite warm a little as we end out the season... Are the crappies coming thru at nite or are people picking them up throughout the day? We saw a couple schools of 3 during the day that wouldnt even look at our minnows... :-/

Was out on LQP this past weekend both days from 10:00am till 7:00pm with not much to show for it. Moved around alot from Ingrebretsons south to the eagle nest. Only caught 3 striped bass. Water was like green peas soup. Seemed like most people didn't show up until after 5:00 but couldn't stay for the night bite. crazy.gif

Spent all weekend out there and got a few here and there, but no consistant action, just sat and waited for fish to move thru... Mixed bag, Walleyes, Crappies, Pike, Striped bass, perch, its kinda fun not knowing whats coming up the hole!

I'm headed out this weekend hoping to snag a few crappies.

What has recent snow done? Hoping to drive to Engebrettsons at least and maybe on the lake or south of the landing?

thanks for any info!

well, I found out why there wasn't any posts!

No body driving south of Ingebrettson's on shore.

Looked like I maybe could have made on the road but stuck in the middle of no where seemed like a poor option

Anyone hitting the spring crappie bite out on the river??

water levels are pretty high; highest ive seen in a while...all the way up through the bigstone refuge there is flooded areas. should do wonders for carp by archery this weekend!!!!!

has that water level dropped at all this week the minnesota river is finaly dropping down stream just wondering if the lake was yet and if anyone is catching anything

If the water levels remains too high and low levels are flooded, I won't be able to get to the Marsh dam.