Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
federline

Recommend a mobile welder?

9 posts in this topic

The toungue on our perm shack, a converted camper, partially broke when separating it from the ice, rendering the shack not roadworthy...

pic of damage

Looking for a mobile welder who might consider fixing it so it can be pulled 100 miles home from Mille Lacs. It is currently under watch on the ice at a private access, and would need to be fixed on the ice.

Can anyone recommend someone reasonable and reliable in the area that we could work with via phone to get an emergency fix? If you don't want to post contact info here, email me at jfederline at yahoo (Contact Us Please).

Thanks!

Als welding in aitkin has a portable. I would think they could help u out.

the pic didn't show up.

Aren't you out of Brant's. Wouldn't Jerry know someone?

Haven't been able to get ahold of him yet, giz. One of his workers gave us the name of a guy in Milaca, but no return call yet.

I fixed the pic link - thanks crestliner16.

Thanks for the lead on Al's, farmfishing, I wonder what trip charge would be from Aitkin?

Has anyone used Thiele Welding in Isle? I see them listed on Fishermans Wharf website.

I have used Thiele in Isle when I broke my hitch off at Brandts. Unfortunately, I have an aluminum frame and he came out to Brandt's, loaded it on a flatbead trailer, took it to his shop, welded it, etc. all for under $300, which I thought was cheap (he had me over the barrell so he could have charged me whatever he wanted)plus he did this after 5 p.m. I would recommend him.

I highly recommend Thiel also. I went in there to ask about some steel to mount the fish house to the runners and he immediately dropped what he was doing and had what I needed in 15 minutes. They are located a couple miles south of Isle.

Thanks for the info on Thiele.

Sorry for the off topic ? but I am working on a camper conversion much like your. I was wondering if you could post some pics of the interior and what you use for hole sleeves. You could also e-mail me at perrym01@yahoo.com if you don't want to post. Thanks and sorry to Hijack the post!