Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
minimite

auger question for jonny p

minimite    0
minimite

jon i'm supposed to be pickin up a jiffy from a guy i know sometime soon hopefully. the recoil's busted on it and i was just wondering where's the cheapest place to get parts or do i have to go straight thru jiffy. here's my email if you cant post info on stores, jnlouks@hotmail.com thanks, josh

Random guy    1
Random guy

Dunno, my Jiffy has never brokedown.

LABS4ME    0
LABS4ME

D-Rock in New Brighton (or is it Shoreview) should have all the parts you need. That's where I pick up parts when I need them... and boy do I need them!

Good Luck!

Ken

Eric Wettschreck    0
Eric Wettschreck

Do they have extensions?? Duct tape??? Holsters????

saloonsoftball76    0
saloonsoftball76

ken

gene said you guys were up there fishing feb 9th..i was with him we went out of hillmans and did ok..how about you

LABS4ME    0
LABS4ME

We did about the same as most trips... enough crappies to keep it interesting (we even through a couple 11-12'ers back!), with plenty of walleyes caught and we even got a couple respectable perch... had a ball with all my good buddies and I even played Johnny on the stereo WAY TOO LOUD Saturday night! grin.gif

I will be back the the 24th and March 3rd for sure... (along with some other days the wife doesn't know about yet!)

Good Luck!

Ken

minimite    0
minimite

that reply conflicts with what you were telling me 2 weeks ago when you were re drilling holes. i guess you pry didn't need parts from jiffy for what you did to fix your auger, just a little know-how wink.gif anyway thanks for the info guys. i picked up the auger 2night brought it into the shop to do a little evaluation and had it runnin in less than a minute. i brought it home to show my wife the purchase i was so proud of, but she did not think it was a very good valentine's day present grin.gif i'm still talking like i was suckin on a helium balloon shocked.gif

Random guy    1
Random guy

Quote:

that reply conflicts with what you were telling me 2 weeks ago when you were re drilling holes.

I must have been using KellyP's auger, that thing is the spawn of Satan.

Pikester    0
Pikester

I must have been using KellyP's auger, that thing is the spawn of Satan.

Is it a Strikemaster? If so, then I have Satans brother. crazy.gif

Random guy    1
Random guy

No it is a Jiffy that has never been loved, held or even had its own gas cap vent...but it has drilled a few thousand holes.

minimite    0
minimite

u said that you bored it and jetted it or something. i don't remember i was hungover and getting high from the exhaust fumes

Pikester    0
Pikester

Hopefully you put a little Pink Floyd on too!! grin.gif

Random guy    1
Random guy

That would be my auger. I bet I have one of the few modified augers in the state. It punches those 10" hole pretty quick, never bogs down just slams your hand into the wall or spins you in a circle. Those parts I had to get through a small engine guy along with the piston and head, not much stock about that power head.

Pikester    0
Pikester

What all did you modify on it?

Random guy    1
Random guy

I bought it and borrowed it out then it came back without mix gas and a cooked engine...so I had time on my hands and knew a good small engine guy and we increased the bore and compression along with a carb to match that is pretty wild. Didn't you notice it has when heck of a bark when it digs in?

Pikester    0
Pikester

Yeah, I noticed it. I just thought it was the new 3HP one Jiffy put out. I haven't seen one of those in action. Was that originally a 2hp or 3 hp?

Random guy    1
Random guy

Was a 3hp, now it is ice eating SOB power. Trouble is it gets hot drilling out the big houses with 12+ holes.

minimite    0
minimite

3hp . nothing like listening to an ice auger rappin out in a hardhouse cool.gif

Mike L    0
Mike L

custom exhaust to pipe the fumes straight outta the house? grin.gif

Pikester    0
Pikester

I think that is what I am going to buy next year. I keep telling people I want to try something different than what I am using now. I said the same thing for my flasher, it only took me 3 years to finally switch over and I am glad I did. Maybe I wont wait so long with the auger.

Random guy    1
Random guy

Quote:

custom exhaust to pipe the fumes straight outta the house?
grin.gif

That one does stink the place up. Buddy is using one of the new four stroke jobs, no smoke,ice chips, stink or noise. Slower then a turtle taking a nap but clean.

minimite    0
minimite

shouldof had floyd with! all i had was some johny cash and pantera in my mp3 player that weekend. kinda like mixin whiskey and bud grin.gif

Pikester    0
Pikester

I like that musical taste mini. And of course you meant Budweiser?!?! grin.gif

Mike L    0
Mike L

I make the runts stay in the truck when I zap the holes in my wheelhouse.

All possible damage to MY lungs, heart and liver (not to mention, brain) was done years ago. shocked.gif

minimite    0
minimite

you know it! he's pretty much my best friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW we must lead quite the exciting lives sitting here bulls#%$@! about jonny p's stinky auger at eleven oclock on valentine's night grin.gif