Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark Christianson

How many of you guys open bass season on the Ole Miss?

10 posts in this topic

Well, since I am going stir crazy(as well as a bunch of my buds), I am already thinking open water.

There is always a lot of chat around bass opener as it comes around, but I am just curious how many of you out there hit the Upper Miss for your inaugural bass casts for the season?

What areas do you guys like to hit? Not looking for ANY specifics. Just curious how dispersed people are, or if everyone hits a couple areas.

I know me and "the boyz" are seeming to be getting a bit over anxious and even stressed just waiting for open water.

Stressed? tongue.gif Surely ya jest....

Every year my goal is to be on the Upper 'Sippi for MN Bass opener.....

Kinda early to be peeln' buzzr's so my first toss is a spinner bait.... wink.gif

I'll be in the Boundary Waters for opener but can't wait to hit it the week after, I'm getting a kayak for it this year so I have lots of exploring to do!

I get home from Alaska on Memorial day, so I may not be able to make it out for the bass opener, which will be a first in many years for me. But I will be out my first opporunity upon getting home.

What is the first lure everyone is going to throw in the water for the bass opener?

I usually try to hit it that week, but the lake bite is usually very good too that week! smile.gif

Graduations for me in ND. But if I get back Monday, Mepps and Tubes smile.gif

It depends on the water level, but for the first of the bass openers I'm heading up nort on a lake. (Why does the bass season open earlier up nort I dunno) Then for the opener down here I'll prolly hit the sippi. I'll prolly toss crankbaits first, but we'll see.

I don't know where Im going, depends on the weather, might go to a little wright county lake and see if the spawn is on, if not will probably be on the river somewhere. My first cast will probably be a jig and pig either way. Hopefully the waters high and muddy on the river by then grin.gif

I open my bass season in March on Pools 5, 7, 8 and drive. If you aint willing to drive for your bass then your just a big sally cool.gif

I know I try to get down to at least pool 4 once or twice. With gas $2+ it gets expensive. smile.gif