• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Early Summer on Kab

I have a few questions? I go up to Kab every year, the first week of June and camp out with the guys. (Except last year due to a broken leg.) So as we were talk about our trip, in the shanty. The new regulations came up. What is the new regs. We always due really good on the eyes most of which are over the slot. We only keep enough for one shrore lunch during the week. Which ends up being about 4 eyes. But I always hear about the crappies as well. Never even tried for them. Just looking for a couple spots, for that time of year. Thanks

The slot is now the same as Rainy: 17"-28" must be thrown back and the possession limit is 4.

Actually, it is now for all the lakes on that chain.

The DNR site has the new 2007 fishing regulations up and running if you have any other reg. ?'s about Kab.

Someone else will have to give you some spots to try. I've only been on Crane and Rainy.

Bronco is correct but you can have 6 fish. Not more than 4 of them can be walleye. So 4 walleye, 2 sauger is fine. No slot limit on saugers. That's the way I understand it anyhow.

• 1 month later...

It's hit and miss, but I would try Sullivan bay along the shores in about 10 to 12 feet of water. Throw a bobber tipped with a jig and minnow (use a small hook); if that doesn't work, try a crawler. Keep moving until you find one- then get ready for some action. My group has fished Kab for the last 9 years in May, and we've caught some huge crappie and perch when the Eye's slowed down. Hope this helps.