Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Have_Fish_will_Travel

Not so good

Have_Fish_will_Travel

Fished all day Saturday 5.5 miles out of Hillmans and only caught one walleye. Will be back to avenge my loss. By the way, I am kind of a Red Lake rookie and am wondering who Jon and Kelly are? Everybody that catches their limit thanks Jon and Kelly. Do they run a resort?

gorrilla

yeah, they rent houses in the Hilman's road area. But even they will tell you, you need to move, move, move to find them on your own. Just get a good distance from other people though since crowding greatly diminishes your chances.

HateHumminbird

Kelly, Jon, and Patsy, own and operate Waskish Minnow Station, from which they run a permanent shack rental business in the winter. I know from personal experience that they do a wonderful job of putting people on fish, in clean, comfortable sleepers with more amenities than most on the lake. I know they still have a few openings mid-week later in the season. http://waskishminnowstation.com/

Jon also runs his own guiding business called Outdoors With Jonny-P, for just about everything that swims in Upper Red, especially trophy pike. If you're looking to get into some huge pike, give him a call before the season closes in a few weeks! Go to:

http://www.outdoorswithjonnyp.com/

Joel

Have_Fish_will_Travel

Thanx for the info! Do they offer lake access too? They must be north of Hillman's right?

Muskie_Man

They go out of Hillmans access!!

kelly-p

Drill, look, and move if nothing is there. Jon and I try to check 10 to 15 places each every night over 2 to 3 miles. If you see fish on the Marcum you're getting close. If it shows the bottom 3 feet too high,,,,, you're in heaven. cool.gif

Random guy

Drill Drop Look, Drill Drop Look every fifteen minutes until you find them little rascals or run out of gas.

Have_Fish_will_Travel

On most lakes I will do that but it's tough on red because its so shallow. The cone on the vexlar doesnt cover much ground when your only shooting it down 10 feet from the bottom of the ice. You could drill a hole right over a whole school but if one isnt directly under your transducer you wont see them.

minimite

thats y kelly said marcum wink.gifgrin.gif

The Donk

To be serious for a second, whether you have a vexi or marcum, when you put your transducer in the hole, don't just take what is directly under you, Wiggle, shake that thing so the cone is getting to point in directions all around you. Watch your screen closely. You can definitely tell what is around you in a 20 foot radius. Thats your tip for the day grin.gif

crappeyeslayer

Looking also means droping a line for 10-15 and seeing if there is any active fish in the area!

Have_Fish_will_Travel

thanx for the tip. How are things these days in cloud? Still 4 for 1's at the Press on Thursdays? I was a tech grad in 92.

The Donk

Apollo 97 here. The press is still going strong, although the older I get the less I frequent the downtown scene. (Marriage may have something to do with that too tongue.gif) I guess I forgot the putting a minnow in the hole part, that is pretty key to seeing if they are around, too. grin.gif