• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Invite to first ever FM get together this year at Appeldoorn's

The Cranker

harvey lee

Thanks for the welcome. As much time as I spend reading the FM forum it feels like I already know everyone. Looking forward to meeting you & all the FMers.

huntmup smile.gifsmile.gif

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harvey lee

• The Cranker

• Paul Waldowski

• Powerstroke

Sounds awesome. I'll be there to check into my 8-hole deluxe sometime between 9 and 10am. Hopefully sooner if I can wake up earlier. We will have 6 guys at one point but only 5 each night.

how many people are going running on thursday morning? And should I still bring the wheeler or are trucks going to work with this deep freeze?

I'm bringing the sled for some running and gunning. With the cold conditions and the ice contracting, my truck will be staying on the roads.

I am coming straight from work and was tring to decide what to do. I have the portable in the truck already and am almost ready to go its going to be a balmy 10 or so. I should gety there around 5pm or so, hopefully I can make it for evening bite. who needs bait?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Well I just got back from spending the afternoon/evening with Jim and the guys at Appeldorn's. I had a great time even with the short window I had to fish a little and shoot a lot of bull.

Great folks there and of corse it was fun touching base with every one there from FM as well. Then I find out the Cranker and I are birthday brothers. The exact same day. What are the odds.

At any rate I'm sure everyone is gonna have a great time! laugh.gif

There have already been a few true pigs popped at the get together. I'll leave it to those fishermen to tell their stories.

Until next time,

Borch

Borch,

We caught 11 walleyes last night. Two fish over 27 inches. Three keepers the rest were over 20 inches. And of course some Eel Pout.

Tom Roering, who is one of the owners of WilCraft with Dave Plant had a very impressive bucket of 12 inch JUMBO perch. 18 to be exact! Nice job Tommy!

Jon, who works the ice here at Appeldoorn's with me caught his very first 27" and a half inch walleye. And Chris who helps us on the ice too caught a couple of nice eaters last night. Good job guys!

Shaun Joy, son of Tim Joy who runs the launch service(Captain Hooks Launch& Guide Service out of Appeldoorn's caught a 30 and a half inch walleye a "Real Trophy"(this fish had some major shoulders!) and his friend caught a 28 and a 1/4" walleye! Nice Fish everyone!

Rainbow Chubs seem to be the best choice for bait for the walleye's and small jigs tipped with either a waxie or minnow head.

Borch, wish you could have stayed bud! For everyone who couldn't make this this year. Mark it on your calander for next year!

We`are all meeting here in an hour at 10:30am and some are going to hit the lake for walleyes with Paul W. And some are going to go with me and hit some JUMBOS!

We will post pics as soon as we can.

Wish you were all here!

Fish On!!!

Cranker, anybody going to still be up there on Friday. If so how do I get in touch. Would like to meet some of the crew if anybody is still standing.

Thanks Cranker for setting up this get together. I had a good time, caught a few fish, got to fish in a Wilcraft, had some laughs, met other FMers, just like fishing should be.

Looking forward to next year. Appledorn's is a good place that has some great people working for me, a customer.

Thanks Jim, John, Chris. Thanks FM-Paul W. & Tom H.

Cliff

Jim, Tom, Paul and the rest who helped put this thing together, thank you very much for all the effort.

I brought my dad, brother, bro-in-law and a friend and we all had a blast. The accomodations were great and the staff at Appeldoorns was awesome. We tried as hard as we could. We managed many perch with 4 keepers and 2 pout. Never found any eyes, but thems the breaks. I've only fished ML one other time before so not like I know much about the lake or fishing eyes.

We had a great time and we will be back for sure. I can't wait for next year. Sounds like the gears are all ready turning.

I believe that everyone that attended had a very good time. It was nice to meet some members that I have not seen before. Also great seeing all others also.

Jim, thats for all that you have done to put this together and also to Paul W for the added help.

I do look forward to next year and just maybe the fishing will be just a little better.

Tom from Wilcraft, it was nice to see you could make it and congrats on the nice catch of Jumbo's.

Also thanks to the Appeldoorns for the use of thier resort.

Wow, thats all I have to say, what a great time I had fishing with Cranker, Paul and Cliff in house 22. Fish on. First thanks to Cranker for putting on such a fun gathering and making it so enjoyable. Also thanks to Paul for helping me land the 36 inch pig of a pike I caught, what a fight for using larve. Thanks to JRs tackle for donating the rod I won at the dinner. It was nice meeting more fellow FMers and I look foward to the next one.

I wanted to give a huge thanks to Scotty's Custom Rods for donating a fantastic graphite walleye rod as a prize for the trip. I was very lucky to get it and I can't wait to use it. Guess I need to buy another reel!! Darn.

I am sorry that I didn't get this posted earlier. Its been a busy four days for me.

The Appeldoorn's and I along with the whole staff at Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort want to thank everyone from FM that came to the very first Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort FM Event!

Allot of fun is all I can say. Although, there were not allot of fish caught (outside of house #22):) there were some real quality fish caught and above all we had a very good time.

The first day, Tom Roering from Wilcraft was the big perch fisherman. Both Tom and Cliff caught 18 really nice JUMBOS. Shaun Joy and his friend Jeremy caught a a couple of huge trophy's a 30 and a half incher and a 28 1/4 er. There were some other very nice walleyes caught over 27 inches. The rest of us didn't do so well the first day.

The second day was allot of fun. Jon and I was finally able to get our chores done early, so we can get out and enjoy fishing with the FM guys. Jon, got his very first big walleye of 27 and a 1/2 inch walleye! Thata boy Jon!!!

Paul and I along with Greg got into #22 and then the fun really started. I am sure that all the rest of the guys had fun listening to each fish that was caught in #22 play by play on the radio. (Fish On!!! in number #22 again!!!)

We ended our two day fishing festivity with dinner a George Nitti's Hunters Point Resort. We didn't have enough fish to feed everyone so we had our catch for appetizers and ordered off the menu. I want to thank George for the first round of drinks that he bought for every FM'er!!! Thats right,George, bought all 21 of us our first drink. That was very very nice of George to do for us. I also want to thank Scotty's Custom Rods for their donation of a very nice custom rod. A special thanks to Joel from JR Tackle who was at Hunters Point the night of our event and donated a custom rod also to our FM event as a door prize. That was very nice of Joel to do. Thanx again! I also want to thank Tom, Paul and Rick from FM for the very nice rod cases and hats. And I want to thank the Appeldoorn's (Chuck, Marilyn, Brian and Amy) for the two $25.00 gift certificates and the use of the resort.

The guided trip got skipped over unfortunately. We were going to give that away after dinner. Then the afetr dinner beverages had taken over and we forgot to give the guided trip away in the Wilcrafts with me. Next year we will not forget. I promise.

It was a very fun two days and I hope everyone had as much fun as I did! Next year will be even bigger and better. We are going to have this event again next year.

Next years event (The 2nd Annual) is going to be the 7th,8th,9th and 10th a four day event. Its going to be a huge event!! Pig Roast, Pheasant Hunt, The traveling "Apple Trophy" for the biggest walleye and perch!

We want this to be the biggest FM event next year!!! 4 days of being on Lake Mille Lacs and a day of pheasant hunting. So call me or contact me now to reserve your spot and fish house or cabin for next year! Make your vacation plans now, mark your schedules and calanders for 2008!!! I promise you, you will not want to miss this event in 2008!!!

I also have ordered extra shirts for anyone who wants one. Contact me and I'll send them out to you. The shirts are $16.00 plus $4.00 for shipping. Or better yet stop by the resort and buy one for $16.00.

We are only taking a limited number of people so get your reservations in asap for next years event.

Pics will be posted later today!

Fish On!!!

Crank and guys, I really enjoyed meeting everyone at the 1st annual FM get together! Although house 26 couldn't keep up with 22 we still had fun. Huntimup took me to the Royal Flush Shooting Preserve on the way home, I was really impressed. Thank's again for all the hospitality I will see you next year for sure.

yowsa!!!! I just may have recovered enough to attend next years event blush.gif Sounds like it is going to be quite the event, so start making plans now to attend.

homer, thanks for joining me at the first FMer's get together it's always a great time when i'm with my favorite brother-inlaw blush.gifgrin.gif. We will outfish house #22 next year. I'm Glad you liked Royal Flush.

huntmup

Cranker, Sorry I didn't get posted sooner, but with recovery time confused.gif, WIFE time wink.gif, & dog time grin.gif well, it all takes time smile.gif. With that said, what a great time I had fishing & visiting with you & all the FM members.

Appledoorn's Sunset Bay Resort & staff, what a class act, & the fish houses are very nice. You have my nodd & I will be back this week grin.gifgrin.gif.

Now for the thank you: Appledoorn's & staff: thank you for sponsering the first annual FM get together. To the FMer's who caught the appetizers: thanks for filling in for house #26. Next year we will start a couple days sooner grin.gifwink.gif. Nitti's Hunters Point Resort: George, thank you for cooking our appetizers,the round of drinks,great food, & the use of your very fine restaurant. Scotty's Custom Rods & JR Tackle: for the custom rod donations. Tom,Paul,& Rick: Thank you for donating the rod & tackel holder grin.gif& the hats. Appledoorn's: Thank you so much for donating the two $25.00 gift certificates. Jim: what can I say, You are a great guy and what an asset to Appledoorn's Sunset Bay Resort. I am looking forward to working with you on the 2nd annual FM get togather.

I apologize if I forgot anyone in my thank you's confused.gif

Thank's again to all. Dan

Hey cranker, We were staying in cabin #4 but never got a chance to run into any of you guys. Had pretty good luck fishing out on the mud. Ended up keeping 5 eyes and 15 jumbos. Also had a 24" and a 25 1/2". We did see you guys come into Hunters since we went on the lake there and had to stop in and eat on the way back to the cabin. We didn't really know what the plan was for the event so we just headed out exploring on our own. The cabin was great and maybe next year we'll get a chance to run into you guys if we attend. Looked like you guys were having a great time.

We are sorry we missed you. We had two more available holes in fish house #22 that was were the bite was going on!:)

Next year you will not want to miss this event!

Fish On!!!

You forgot to mention the overinflated price for those 2 holes. I owuld paid $5 for both but not each. What a rip off. tongue.gif

Those holes were untapped. I am guessing that if you guys would have known how well we were really doing in #22 you would have been there with us!:))

Fish On!!!