• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Invite to first ever FM get together this year at Appeldoorn's

The Cranker

Hello FM memebers,

We are having a first ever Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay midweek fishing get together. Its going to be Feb 7th and 8th 2007.

We thought it would be a great way for FM members to meet and have a good time fishing and of course share some fish stories!

We are offering a two day fish house or cabin rental at 50% off. Basically, you will get two days and two nights for the price of one day and one night!

Bring your portables and snowmobiles or four wheelers. We'll have some Wilcrafts up here for you to check out too! You'll have to experience these machines. We'll spread out and hit the big pond and hopefully have some awesome stories to share at the end of the day! Along with some fish to eat.

Depending on the size of the response will determine what we will do for a big fish fry the second night on the 8th. Along with the door prizes and I'm sure allot of fish tales!

We would be looking for a additional $20.00 for the fish fry and door prizes and gratuity towards our ice crew. We will be having the fish fry at Hunters Point. The fish we catch and potatoes and salad bar and one drink ticket.

If your looking for a real deal you could come up for the FM get together, and stay throughout the weekend! Check our website or call us about the event and the weekend package. Our website banner is at the top of the page for further details.

I hope you are able to plan on coming up and joining in on the fun. I look forward to meeting all of you there.

Fish On!!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harvey lee

• The Cranker

• Paul Waldowski

• Powerstroke

Cranker, Were coming up to stay at your place next year for sure, If I would have known about it sooner we would be there this year. Cant make the first annual FM get together but will plan on next years maybe. Always appreciate your information and knowledge you share with the forum, TYVM

Love to come up but mid week = work for me.

Maybe some other time if its on a weekend.

Good luck all.

I will be there for sure. This should be a fun 2 days and hopefully the eyes and perch will bite.

Cranker, thanks for the extra effort. smile.gif

harvey lee. How are you? This get together sounds fun. Just wondering if you found any dates yet for us to come up. No rush i was just looking at the forums and saw that your on, thought i would say hello. Things are coming along just great here, so far on schedule.

Might be tough to make it but I'm going to try! Maybe a quick one day trip for me mid week just to take the edge off before the weekend trip to MILLE LACS! grin.gif

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

I may be able to make it if I can take a day off of school. I have a wheeler and an eskimo QF2. Also I have a secret perch and walleye spot not far from appledoorns that only me and a few close friends fish. grin.gif

Glad to say my house is full and reserved. cool.gif Looks to be a good couple of days to meet fellow FMers and catch some eyes and perchies. smile.gif

Im sure going to try to make it but with a trip to devils lk on the 16 to the 19 dont know if ma will let me.

I might be able to swing that. But I would be coming in my wheel house if I come. Have to see when it gets closer because I'll have to bring my 2 small boys.

Glad to see there are some that will be able or maybe be able to make this event. We should have a good time and with Cranker being on the ice daily, we should be good to go if the fish are going.

It will be nice if we can get a nice group going. Its always fun to spend a couple days on the lake and also meeting new FMers.

No problem with the boys being along. Its always a rush to see the younger ones catching fish. cool.gif

How about some of the staff guy's. It would be nice to have a good group there for this event. smile.gif

It sounds like my dad and I will be heading up there for this event. It will be a great way for us to meet some of the others that use this great website. The reports are very helpful. We'll be bringing up the wheelers and the portables to do some scouting. Should be a great time. If you're planning to go you and need a cabin better get on it though. Just called up there and they only have a few cabins left. See you there.

You are correct. I would call if you need a cabin or a house on the lake before they are full. You dont want to miss out and also have a chance to check out the new Wilcrafts.

Why was it scheduled during the week? Only curious...

I can't make it. I'll be on Winnie. smirk.gif

Ice Leaders events every weekend. Jamison, you can still come and then go to Winni. These events are a very good time and Cranker has it well set up. cool.gif

Also, the fish should co operate a little better than the weekends with less traffic on the lake.

Looking to set my schedule up to make this event. I won't be able to make it up there until Wed night and then would fish thru the day on Thurs. My perm isn't too far from Appledoorn's so it shouldn't be a prob. I will post when I know for sure

Jamison, Not to get off of the topic but I was just on your website and was wondering how you like using the Ice Buster bobbers? I'm heading up to Mille Lacs next week and I'm thinking on trying them out. Thanks.

That would be great Paul. Cranker has a good program set up for the two days. Looks to be a good time. smile.gif

They're the best. You can set the bobbers to whatever degree of sensitvity you'd like. The foam makes them very versatile.

I think I'll give 'em a try. I always walked passed them in the stores and always wondered if they really worked. Thanks for your input. Good luck on the ice.

Tom, I've got a shift at work I'm trying to switch with someone else so I can go. I'll be by myself most likely so I may have room for others. I won't know till monday.