Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Thank You to guys on West Rush

5 posts in this topic

I want to send out a thank you to 3 different guys I seen Patrolling around on 4 wheelers today on West Rush Lake... All 3 of them stopped and picked up trash that was not their own! The community hole in front of the access was full of people and looked pretty clean.. I suspect these guys might be on top of it on a regular basis! Its nice to see someone taking action for a change.

What a zoo that lake has become! I think there were 100 people fishing out in front of the access between morning and evening.. 4 wheelers buzzing everywhere endlessly.. some on wheelie's occasionaly, a Mazda size pickup taking a joy-ride on the lake driving like a teen-ager that had his 1st beer, snowmobiles hitting mach 2... ad a whole bunch of people out enjoying a very nice day on the lake catching a good number of mostly dinky panfish with a few nice ones thrown in!

I havent been to a carnival in a long time! It was still somehow enjoyable with consistant action sitting on the bucket smelling other people's mr heaters because there were so many operating, and the occasional fog of 2 stroke from the guys that take a whole tank of gas to drill 4 holes 40' away because their blades are so dull.

There was about 9"-10" of ice where I was sitting if I had to guess.. very good ice. I dont recommend anyone driving out there, but there are bites to be had fishing in, or around the village. If you drill holes away from the village, you will soon be part of the village as it extends towards you when more people arrive, or the ones that are there move towards you seeing fish landed.

Have fun ya'll.

The dull blade guy was my favorite. I thought he would never get thru the ice. We should have challenged him to a race with the hand auger. Funny stuff.

I could have drilled a hole faster with my cigarette lighter on the last one. There were a couple others with very dull blades throughout the course of the day.

I guess when people arent getting out, they arent staying on top of the upkeep on their equipment?

My ears are still ringing from the power augers and guys with *performance exhaust* on a couple 4 wheelers. My eyes have more glazing on them than a krispy creme doughnut from staring at the flasher all day to boot.

I hate fishing in the crowds but it can be very entertaining just watching that circus. You describe it well That Guy. Cool to hear that people are picking up the trash. Thanks guys!

Are you guys trying to tell me that you like solitude when you're out fishing. grin.gif You are never going to find that on West Rush. Good to meet and fish with you guys. That hand auger of yours would have blown away some of those power augers.

The garbage out there is terrible. Between Tuesday and Wednesday a lot of it disappeared, so someone is working at it. I usually go out there with a pop bottle and come back with a handfulls of garbage. I don't get why people can't bring their garbage back off the lake. Cigarette butts, peanut shells, and sunflower seeds drive me nuts too.