Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
calli4120

Eden Prairie Area Fishing

calli4120

I'm fairly new to the area and I'm looking for a decent place to ice fish around Eden Prairie. I don't really care what I catch but just want to get on the ice since I've been too busy to head up north.

I've fished Bush lake in Bloomington in the summer and had decent luck for northerns but I've never ice fished there. Does anyone know how Bush is in the winter or have another lake to recomend.

Thanks,

calli

fishking

try giving mitchell or red rock a look i dont know how to get to the lakes the coupkle times i went i was a guest but mitchell has some ok to decent size sunnies and crappie also some monster bass and northern. red rock never fished it i just know its there and people do fish it. if you want to drive you can also go to medicine lake in plymouth

R. Miller

Calli,

Try Bush and let me know how you do. If you've summer fished it, you're already somewhat familiar with it. I've never made it that way for ice fishing, but I'd think tip up fishing off the shoreline breaks would produce some winter northerns and maybe even some Largies. For E.P., you could try red rock or mitchell. I'd even look into Riley in southern E.P. for some tip up pike. Good luck!

Carp-fisher

I lived in Eden Prairie for a couple of years and did quite abit of ice fishing in the area. If there was one lake in the area that I would concentrate on, it would be Riley. The lake has large pike, numbers of walleyes, and panfish that are well above the Metro average in size.

HalloweenBuck

Anyone know if there are houses or people fishing Riley right now? Ice conditions?

calli4120

Thanks for the info everyone. I might try and hit bush this weekend but will check out the other lakes soon.

Where is Riley? I checked the DNR website and couldn't find any info on it.

calli

Lunker

I've fished mitcell, red rock, staring, riley,round, bush(bloomington) in the area. Not too far you can reach medecine or bass(plymouth), normandale, etc. etc. There are a lot of smaller lakes in the southern metro.

I've pretty much caught fish in them all(except staring, and if you try it be careful ice has current and is not good)

Bush has a subpar size structure for panfish, I did better with tip ups there, but there are always people on the north side panfishing.

Mitcell and red rock are similar, ex-secrets that get fished quite a bit but there is still action to be found. Lots of panfish, and some pike in red rock.

Haven't found the panfish on riley, just pike. Deepest of the mentioned lakes, so if you have a vex it would help(i don't). Also has some walleyes in it, I've done well there open water for them.

Normandale is close to bush, and there is usually a group or two out there. Very shallow lake, just find a little deeper water and catch lots of panfish. I believe there are pike as well.

Good Luck cool.gif