Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
badbass1

How many adults hunted and shot squirrels when they were young?

badbass1

I was wondering how many of you adults, hunted and shot squirrels when you were teenagers? i need as many of you as i can get. My aunts think its wrong and that I am a jeffy Dahmer. they dont think anyone else did it. Help me men!

Eric Wettschreck

We ate a lot of em, still do.

McGurk

I did! I did!

No serialistic tendencies; a few surreallistic.

lunker651

I did, that's how I got introduce into hunting. I started at around 8-9 years old and has been hunting since.

Valv

We also cook them in stew, it's just like possum....delicious.

Sometimes we had them rosted on fire, if you add a lot or rosemary they taste awesome.... wink.gif

BTW who's jeffy Dahmer ?

Cooter

A bud of mine and I killed a decent amount with sling shots and then when we upgraded to air rifles it was pure murder! This all was long before we were 16. I still like to hunt them and will be doing just that this Sat.

bbqhead

i did! too bad we can kill

the little rats here in the cities..

bbqhead

delmuts

i did and still do! i got one this afternoon!

eyepatrol

Absolutely! Ate a few of them too. I sort of hate to admit it, but when I was a young lad, I pretty much shot anything that moved (not everything, but almost). Rabbits are another yummy meal. grin.gif

Still, with all the things I shot during those years, I haven't turned into a Jeff Dahmer. smirk.gif

irvingdog

Whacked 'em, stacked 'em, ate 'em all winter long.

The squirrel market is a little "competitive" nowadays, but you can still find them on private land (ironic, isn't it?).

paintbrush

My dad taught me proper gun handling by hunting squirrels when I was a kid some 40 years back. Still hunt them some.

Mr.Seaguar

I still hunt squirrels. Tasty. Dahmer got his start with cats I think.

BLACKJACK

I shot lots of them with my .22 as a teenager. And we also ate them, excellent eating if done right!! Especially if they're young ones!

New Yankee

Yep - .410 bolt action 3" six shot. Don't know who was more excited, me or dad those mornings uh...35 years ago(?)... blush.gif

bigdog

My father introduced me to hunting on squirrels. At first I carried an unloaded single shot and would load when we were going to shoot. I learned to walk quietly, watch for movement and to sit still and have patience. It was an excellent opportunity for many lessons.

UdeLakeTom

A family of 5 in the car could bring home quite a few squirrels and rabbits to fill the refridge. Gas was cheap and .22 shells were also, but Dad really got mad if you missed a shot, wasting the shells. This was in the early '50s and you didn't have to go far down old 52 to get your limit. Had a friend in the Navy from Kentucky who got some squirrel jerky mailed to him from home. He wouldn't let any of the rest of us touch it, it was a delicacy to him.

Zzapp

I gotta go along with the crowd. A single-shot bolt-action .22 and some quiet time in the woods with an uncle taught me a lot about patience and shot placement! Mom would cook them up with some BBQ sauce, but she'd never eat any.

TJ

Double D

I grew up on a farm and back then we had corn in a wire crib. We had standing orders to shoot any squirrel, and that was our winter entertainment. I look forward as next fall my son will be old enough to take along on a few little hunting trips, and squirrels are a great place to start.

I think Jeffrey Dahmer ate people, not squirrels, anyhow.

DD

bellyup

Up north on the Range there's few grey squirrels, mostly the tiny red squirrels so we were into rabbits. My first rabbit came from a Daisy BB gun. My friends and I would case up our BB guns and walk the tracks out of town. Not proud of it but we may have been little Jeff Dahlmers because we shot at anything that moved. Possibly do to lack of parental guidence. We didn't evolve to eat people! I'm teaching my son the proper ethics and safety that should go with hunting.

mwal

Still shoot a few squirrels and rabbits every year. Going after snowshoes this weekend.

Mwal

Rost

I hunted rabbits and squirls all the time when I was a kid.

Mr Special

I still hunt small game every chance I can get. Especially now during the late season, when you have the whole woods to yourself. I persnally think, most people have forgotten just how much darn fun it is, and how good they taste.

Which reminds me I'm free this weekend, humm??????

luckey

I spent many a Sunday hunting squirrels while growing up int the 60's. Usually two of us would go so when we spotted a squirrl in a tree one guy walked to the other side and bang, dead squirrel when he popped around the limb.

Bassboy1645

I SLAYED THE SQUIRLLS.......as a younger kid 10-14 yrs old that was all we hunted...i learned all the basics of patience and woodsmanship while hunting in the oak flats of central mn. i dont hunt the furry rats anymore but grouse and rabbits give me fits when i carry my gun grin.gifgrin.gif

harvey lee

I hunted squirrels every day of the weekend when I was a young-in. Got me started hunting and I have never quit. Not bad to eat either.