Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chaunce

report 12-26 Waskish

1 post in this topic

Walleyes and northerns are still going good in 8 ft. best bite around 3 till dark. most pike in the area I was fishing around were caught middle of the day.Going to start fishing farther out at hillmans heard of a few crappie starting to show up.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Cliff Wagenbach
      There are public beaches at both Hoodoo Point in Tower and McKinley Park in Soudan. Cliff
    • leech~~
      In the summer they seem to be about 20' feet down over 50'-80' feet of water. We trolled small raps with what ever would get it down there. I also had down riggers to use.  You could try some deep hook and slip bobbers with a worm in some of the deeper bays to see if they will take it?  Good luck.
    • MinDak Hunter
      I have a bait/rigging question. The kids and I were out on Big Watab chasing a suntan and when I told them that the lake has trout they wanted to try for them but I mostly fish sunnies and crappies. What would I need to get to fish for trout out there? Looking back in the forums I see that some guys use leadcore (I'm not buying new rod/reels) and some use bobbers. Any advice on a common bobber set up? Also, I have an "active" 10 year old so it seems that jigging works best to keep him busy, any advice on jigging for trout?
    • fishingtime13
      Update! Water is way down! But I was able to get a smallmouth with a topwater plug.  And a catfish broke my leader off a  worm, was very confused. Going again tomorrow     
    • otterman91105
      Thanks for the tips guys i ended up buying 1/4. Rocks are tuff to fish. I always lose a few jigs
    • delcecchi
      Vermilion is less than 20 miles... Or eagle nest 3 (and 1 and 2) are right next door.   You might check them out.
    • rundrave
      Love seeing guys out training dogs but you can really do  some serious damage to your dogs neck if it runs hard for a long distance before being stopped suddenly when the check cord is attached to a collar. I would suggest a harness instead that has attachment at the back that you can clip your check cord to. It will also flow off the back and less likely to get tangled up in the legs and belly which can also be dangerous especially when in the water.   It doesnt look deep where you are but you never know whats under the water that could snag your check cord. Sorry dont mean to preach but I have seen it first hand where a dog has been seriously injured from this. I know the prey drive and hard charge these dogs have, but you got to keep them safe.   good luck
    • Chill62
      Can you keep smallies from the Ottertail?  Thought there was a restriction on them in there.
    • Chill62
      If I go on an infected water I get it cleaned regardless.  Granted 99% of the time I fish a non-infected lake but still get it cleaned just incase.
    • Rick
      The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has confirmed a report of zebra mussels in Comfort Lake, near Wyoming in Chisago County.  The DNR confirmed reports from a lake resident who found individual zebra mussels in two different areas of Comfort Lake. The resident had previously attended a volunteer aquatic invasive species identification training conducted by the Comfort Lake-Forest Lake Watershed District. A follow-up survey by local partners and the DNR confirmed dispersed zebra mussels, indicating a possible reproducing population. Signs at lake accesses have been updated to alert boaters to the presence of zebra mussels. The DNR encourages all lake users to watch for zebra mussels and other invasive species and to contact the DNR if they find a suspected species that would be new to the lake. This confirmation is an important reminder to follow the state’s invasive species laws: Clean watercraft of aquatic plants and prohibited invasive species. Drain all water by removing drain plugs and keeping them out during transport. Dispose of unwanted bait in the trash. Zebra mussels are an invasive (non-native) species that can compete with native species for food and habitat, cut the feet of swimmers, reduce the performance of boat motors, and cause expensive damage to water intake pipes. Less than two percent of Minnesota’s 11,842 lakes are listed as infested with zebra mussels. More information is available at www.mndnr.gov/AIS. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.