Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
feeshing

Clam Ice Chair

7 posts in this topic

I was looking at purchasing a Clam Ice Chair does anyone have one or has anyone used one? Our they worth it or is just a 5-gal bucket better?

I asked this about a month ago in the main ice fishing forum and the consensus was that it is way over priced for the performance of the product. There are other ice chairs out there that hold more stuff in the $40-50 range that are more comfortable. I like the thought of the fold up chair, but for $80 I decided against it.

I looked at them also I didn't think it was very comfortable and not real sturdy the storage was nice but kinda spendy.

Better then a bucket for sure and I would have took one for a gift but not sure I'd buy one.

My cousin and uncle both got one and like them. They are taller guys (over 6'6") and they like the high backs on them.

My uncle has one it holds alot of stuff. I noticed that the back strap unbuckles easily....

i picked one up today and i haven't used it yet on the ice but it looks and feels pretty nice

I got one for Christmas and got it out twice since. I love it! Way better than the old bucket. One thing I like is that it holds pretty much everything you need to bring with you, put it on like a backpack, pick up the auger in one hand, the minnow bucket in the other, and you're good to go.

After sitting for about 6 hours both days, I found that it's a lot more comfortable than it looks, too. Now all it needs is a foot rest... shocked.gif